Fitting a Weber 32/36

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rosco
Car(s): 1984 Ford 1.6 Laser (a rescue project)

Fitting a Weber 32/36

Post by Rosco »

After finally getting my 1.6 laser on the road this month, i have come to the quick conclusion that the Ford VV carb is at best 'crap'.... it makes the car feel choked and its only giving me 20MPG when driving like a granddad. With all new ignition, and the timing is spot on.

As it happens, my other passion is kit cars (no i didn’t have the Capri as a donor car) and i have a nearly new weber 32/36 with a matching pinto manifold. The only thing I am missing the throttle linkage.

From memory it’s a bar about 4 inches long with a ball joint on one end and a 90 degree end on the other which attaches to the carb. All this fits through a fabricated bracket which bolts onto the manifold, which also holds the cable.

Question is, does anyone have one of these linkages they want to swap for beer tokens, or know where I can get one?

Cheers,

Rosco….
STOCK...tm
Car(s): Nothing special as a daily driver.. nothing for the weekend.... but a HEMI V8 in the garage getting some attention :)

Re: Fitting a Weber 32/36

Post by STOCK...tm »

i will have a look and see if i have one........ n report back
Image ImageImage
Sonic
Car(s): 2.8 efi Special
1.6 LS

Post by Sonic »

Ripping the VV outta mine Rosco as well. Got a Weber as a replacement.
Also fitting a 2.0L cam for more poke!
Rosco
Car(s): 1984 Ford 1.6 Laser (a rescue project)

Post by Rosco »

After checking every thing, all oils, nothing binding, putting a gallon of carb cleaner throught the carb, replacing the air filter, resetting the timing ( i had set it to 8 degress instead of the 12 it should be for this carb), tyre pressures, etc etc.....

I have managed to get the capri to 28MPG uisng the VV carb. is this respectable for one of these?

The power still seems flat, but as pointed out ot me, i am used to a 200bhp honda.

So experts, whats the verdict?

Cheers,

Rosco....