deepdish capri wheels

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
benmay100
Car(s): Ford Capri - 2.0 Laser / Ford Capri - Mk1 3.0 GT

deepdish capri wheels

Post by benmay100 »

I have seen the laser wheels, but in a deepdish version. where do i get a set of those?
Benmay100
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Re: deepdish capri wheels

Post by Craigorypeck »

Do you mean the ones like on the black S in this topic?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33277
:spam:
benmay100

Post by benmay100 »

yeh thats them. is that your car then? where did you get them from?
Benmay100
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

No no, it aint mine. Very nice tho... Always remember them wheels, hard to find. I'm always on the look and have never seen any for sale.
:goodluck:
tony2.1
Car(s): Long term project Capri - far too many mods & far too top secret to discuss at this stage!! ;-) , Daily driver Citreon Xsara estate (my reliable little chug!) Last completed Capri project C71 HHK - 2.8i Special; full rebuild & resto by myself, sold to a guy in Devon last year, most recent vehicle project VW T4 Transporter, converted by myself as a leisure and work vehicle & to promote my business - much like my Capri project

Post by tony2.1 »

The wheels you are refering to are marketed under two main names - Minilites or Superlites.

If memory serves, Minilites are the oiginal, & as the name suggests, were a light weight wheel for - you guessed it; MINIS!! - 10" is not a lot of good to us Capri owners though. Although..........NEVER MIND!!

Anyway, back to business - the design was so popular that they very quickly became available in other sizes & fitments in the 70's & early 80's but then died out.

I think that the rights were then bought up or the design copied by Superlites, who I believe may be Australian & I think are still going.

I know that someone certainly was selling the design as recently as the last three years because I saw them advertised in sizes upto 15" and in Ford fitments in Fast Ford.
Maybe grab a current copy of the magazine & check the ads.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

They are neither minilights nor superlights.

What they are is a genuine set of 7.5" Xpack Ford wheels and they are uber rare.

Closest you can get is Midland wheels do a 7 x 13 set which are almost the same 8-)
Craigorypeck
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

SmokeEm wrote:They are neither minilights nor superlights.

What they are is a genuine set of 7.5" Xpack Ford wheels and they are uber rare.

Closest you can get is Midland wheels do a 7 x 13 set which are almost the same 8-)
Agreed...

We're you referring to my wheels tony by mistake?

Midland also have alleycat style (think they have them down as rally specials??) They look the biz too.
benmay100

Post by benmay100 »

thanks for replies.

So are the midlands wheels versions as deep dish as the xpack, or are the spokes more flat faced (if you see what i mean)
Benmay100
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

benmay100 wrote:thanks for replies.

So are the midlands wheels versions as deep dish as the xpack, or are the spokes more flat faced (if you see what i mean)
Exactly as you say but still nice dish
AndyH
Car(s): 1998 Ford Transit (daily work van)
1986 2.0 Ford Capri (my project and fun car)
1998 BMW 318is
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 V6

Post by AndyH »

i know its slightly off topic but thought i would just mention that i bought a set of starmags off midland wheels and they are absalutly fantastic. If i had more cars i would buy all my wheels from there.

Personally i dont think they are overly expensive for what they are either, as the quality is second to none and delivery is overnight.
Bug wrote: A barge is often pulled by one horse, usually in a straight line....
A Capri is propelled by as many 'horses' as possible.......hardly ever in a straight line!!!
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

Have a look at http://www.imagewheels.co.uk

They do some similar ones in 13" and 15".

LaserCapri
Car(s): Capri Laser 2.0

Post by LaserCapri »

Im almost certain i heard that midland wheels are going to release a 14" and 15" rs 4 spoke soon and possibly a 7.5 rs 4 spoke aswell
Craigorypeck
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

I'd defo go with a set of these!!

tony2.1
Car(s): Long term project Capri - far too many mods & far too top secret to discuss at this stage!! ;-) , Daily driver Citreon Xsara estate (my reliable little chug!) Last completed Capri project C71 HHK - 2.8i Special; full rebuild & resto by myself, sold to a guy in Devon last year, most recent vehicle project VW T4 Transporter, converted by myself as a leisure and work vehicle & to promote my business - much like my Capri project

Post by tony2.1 »

Craigorypeck wrote:
SmokeEm wrote:They are neither minilights nor superlights.

Agreed...

We're you referring to my wheels tony by mistake?

Midland also have alleycat style (think they have them down as rally specials??) They look the biz too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Guess who was reading the question whilst looking at a piccy of your (the wrong) wheels???

Hehe! - what a numpty!!! :banghead: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With regard to THE WHEELS IN QUESTION - yes indeed, these are stupidly sexy wheels and the fact that four spokes will be available in 15" has me dribbling already!!! Not sure if I'd fancy the normal or deep dish finish though - would need to see both, stop dribbling & then decide!
Huw
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No Capris since May when i lost my storage. :-(
E34 BMW 530 Touring (manual) - 4L V8 conversion, minimal exhaust, cut springs, welded diff ... daily driver. :-)

Post by Huw »

Did CCI not get these redone a few years ago ... after they redid the 15" brookie wheels?
Huw Larsen (sorry ... no pics of the Capris sideways)

InvalidBoy wrote:A Pie with chips is the equivalent of Meryl Streep... seemingly wholesome, but allsorts of animal die in the process.
SwishingMullet
Car(s): 2 x 1.6 LS and a Volvo S60 (daily driver)

Post by SwishingMullet »

...yep, CCI now do a 7x13 four spoke
SpikeCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri X-Pack 1987

Post by SpikeCapri »

I have set of 7 x 13 RS 4 spokes from Midland wheels. Very very happy with them and would recommend them.