new engine

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
robert

new engine

Post by robert »

can i drop a2.0 double o/cam fuel injection engine out of a seirra into my capri if so what would i need
guitarswet

Re: new engine

Post by guitarswet »

I'm almost certain that this conversion is possible and fairly straight forward, although you really need to find someone who has done it. In addition to the engine you will definately need the following: the engine management system, the full wiring loom, a modified petrol tank (with fuel pump). I think that the only other problem is finding somewhere for the air intake / filter. Some people end up cutting a section out of the inner wing to allow room, or you can adapt one from a Ford Orion. If it works you should have a nicely improved Capri that will of course be running off unleaded petrol
Noel Reeve

Re: new engine

Post by Noel Reeve »

I was once assisted by an AA patrol (when my 2.8i suffered a flat battery) and he turned out to be a Capri nut who had done just such a conversion, and said that you basically needed to transplant whole of the Sierra wiring pertaining to the engine (ie ECU thing and everything) and it all worked a treat. There was an article in Classic Ford last year about a couple of blokes who had done it, cannot recall which month though. Phone A&S publishing up and ask them!