Found another Capri, opinions wanted

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Neil

Found another Capri, opinions wanted

Post by Neil »

OK guys, I need a bit of advice again I've located a 2.0S A plate Intergalactic miles 152k Owned since 18 months old (24k) Serviced every 6 months, docs to prove 12months MOT, no tax as it's been standing for a few weeks Had a bang a couple of years ago, poss write off, but bought back and rebuilt. Bang was to the front corner. Only rust is around the ariel and on the back valance, front valance has minor parking ding. Asking 800 ono. I was thinking 650-700 was more reasonable for a well maintained, straight looking 2 owner car. What does anyone think? Thanks
Noel Reeve

Re: Found another Capri, opinions wanted

Post by Noel Reeve »

Neil, If the crash it's had in the past has been properly repaired, then there's no reason why it shouldn't be a good car. Mine was written off last year, and will be back on the road soon in far better condition that it was pre accident! Just make sure that it drives in a straight line, there is no crabbing, no odd tyre wear patterns and that all the panel shut lines are straight. Assuming it had new panels fitted after the accident, one thing to check is that the insides of the wings and wheel arches have been properly painted / undersealed and that THERE ARE SPLASHGUARDS INSIDE THE FRONT WINGS!! very important that or water works it's way into the seams at the rear of the front wings. Sometimes that gets forgotten when people put new wings on a car. The mileage soounds a bit high (but mind you can't expect much else these days) so I'd offer £600 quid.

As a comparison, I bought (in December) a C reg 2.0 Laser with 80k on the clock and a few bits of cosmetic rust. That only cost me £800, so don't pay over the odds unless you have to!