MPG

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Craig Adamson

MPG

Post by Craig Adamson »

I know this is a very open-ended question but could someone give me an indication as to what sort of MPG i would get from a 2.8i (Round town and motorway). Thanks. Craig Adamson
Noel Reeve

MPG

Post by Noel Reeve »

Official Ford figures for the 5-speed 2.8i were: 18.7 mpg on urban cycle 38.2 mpg at a constant 56 mph 30.1 mpg at a constant 75 mph

They are about right, apart from the urban cycle figure which is wildly optimistic. I found that when I used my to commute ona a 50 mile daily trip, with a variety of country roads, dual carriageway and town driving, I got about 22 mpg. That was on 4-star, what will happen with LRP would be instesting to see!
guitarswet

MPG

Post by guitarswet »

Just for comparison my 2lt laser has for years given me 33-35 mpg but that was mostly motorway and dual carriage way driving!
Andy

MPG

Post by Andy »

With regards the 2.8 vs the 2.0 it shouldn't be an arguement but thanks to a certain Mr Brown it is. The 2.8 is a great engine but unless you rarely use it the fuel costs are frightening. The 2.0 can provide very acceptable consumption - My 2.0S gives 30 - 33 on a 40 mile daily round trip on country roads but even that still works out £6 a day to get to work. Most of which is just tax on top of NI etc. B**tard Brown. I am determined to fight back though and the 2.0 lends itself to improvement. I have a gas flowed head with unleaded seats waiting to go in. When I have the cash in will go a hi torque cam and I also have a 38 carb from the V6 to add to the equation to take maximum benefit of the torque from the cam. More torque equals better mpg so I hope to get a few mpg improvement - will keep the board posted!