Stereos

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rob Eeles

Stereos

Post by Rob Eeles »

How do I fit a 'normal' sized stereo in place of the standard ford cassette deck? The reason being for this question is that the newer wider stereos are too wide to fit into the standard hole. Will I have to cut away the metal plates inside the dash or is their another simpler way of tackling this problem?
Craig Adamson

Re: Stereos

Post by Craig Adamson »

I think the Capri Club International do a dash with the Din-e (Normal size) Apature, otherwise it does mean cutting the original dash. What i did was to get a second-hand dash from the breakers so that i could keep my orignal for future so that you have always got the option of putting the orignal back if need be.
guitarswet

Post by guitarswet »

I fitted a Blaupunkt stereo to my Capri several years ago. Yes I'm afraid that you will have to carefully remove the black plastic facia and cut a larger hole in it with a small hacksaw blade. It isn't that hard to do. Incidentally, if you still have a good condtion Ford radio (with the red LED display) - they are much sought after by people who want to keep their cars 'authentic'
Mark

Post by Mark »

You will have to cut the dashboard. I have had to do this in the past with my 2.0S when the original Ford stereo packed up. However I would recommend having the stereo fitted by a professional. This is what I have had done with my new 2.8 and although part of the dash had to be cut, you wouldn't know it to look at it.