Insurance Bracket for Mk3 1.6 Laser

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Michael Hay

Insurance Bracket for Mk3 1.6 Laser

Post by Michael Hay »

Can anybody give me any info on the insurance bracket (1-20) for a Mk3 1.6 Laser. Any other info on the subject would be useful too. I am just turning 17 and would LOVE a nice silver Capri but I am worried I will not be able to afford the insurance.

Thanks

Michael
Craig Adamson

Re: Insurance Bracket for Mk3 1.6 Laser

Post by Craig Adamson »

Just to let you know, When i was 18 it cost me £780 TP,F&T for a 1986 1.6 Laser. Hope this helps.
Andy

Re: Insurance

Post by Andy »

Please advise who your insurers are to give you a fully comp quote like that! Last year, when my premium was due for renewal, I got quoted £210 TP, F&T on a 2.0 Laser, aged 23. The week before the premium was due I wrote said 2.0 Laser off and I'm now paying nearly £500. First accident I've had, been driving since 17 etc etc but still over double what it so nearly was. Can I expect a decent drop when I turn 25?
Michael Hay

Re: insurance

Post by Michael Hay »

Thanks. Works out at £65 a month (roughly).

I should just be able to afford that!

Thanks again!

Michael
Rob Eeles

Insurance

Post by Rob Eeles »

I am also 17 and have just bought myself a stunning 2.8i. The best insurance quote I have managed to get was £2000 TPFT but I have not yet checked out CCI. I have heard more than my fair share of rear drive scare stories so I am also investing in an advanced driving course (£75) which may help.