2.8i buying

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
andy rainey

2.8i buying

Post by andy rainey »

being new to capris i took the advice to a capri virgin and used it myself to check over a 2.8ithe car looks in good nick vclean it has 108000 on the clock on an a plate(84)the seller is asking £2000 is this a fair price?
Andy

2.8 buying

Post by Andy »

This is a touch on the high side - there is a 2.8 Special on an E that at least looks good in the piccy for 1,695 in this months Classic Ford. Your car would only be worth this if it say had some history and really was completely rot free - I reckon no more than one in 50 unrestored Capri's are this clean if you really look in all the danger spots. Also, has it been converted to take unleaded? It will go on the stuff but if it hasn't had hard seats you'll be spending money not too far in the future if it's got 108k on the clock.
ANDY RAINEY

Re: 2.8i buying

Post by ANDY RAINEY »

thanks for the advice andy but when you run up into a brick wall you get stuck the capri you mention is on the mainland i live in belfast and capris seem harder to find over here ive even tryed to make arrangements to meet sellers at the docks but noone likes to take the chance of goin to say stranraer not to make sale but then i suppose lifes hard ill keep looking anyway and again thanks for your help

Andy P

Re: 2.8i buying

Post by Andy P »

Ah, well! I can understand things being completely different for you if you're trying to buy in NI. Entirely different market conditions I guess, especially since there are fewer Capris about there. Just remember though, we can all get tangled up in deciding what something is worth but at the end of the day, to coin a footy phrase, something is worth what someone(or you)will pay for it. Anyway, good luck, hope you find a good'un.