track control arms

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
andrew chalmers

track control arms

Post by andrew chalmers »

has anyone any experience of using rose jointed adjustable TCAs on street?

Seems like every few questions the TCA bush problem crops up, how can i fix it for good.

Anywat rose jointed TCAs, waste of time or worth the extra money, recent classic ford had a 2.0s featured which was running them.

I am shortly due to rebuild front suspension, and quite fancy the idea of having height adjustable spring platforms (rally design sell a weld on kit quite cheap) with 2 & 1/4 inch springs / maybe spax top adjustables and the RJd TCAs.

Would this combo of parts just shake the car to bits ?

andrew chalmers
Jon B

Untitled

Post by Jon B »

If you buy the adjustable spring seat kit, weld it close to the top of the strut - the lower spring seat has to clear the top of the tyre - bolt the wheel to the hub when the strut is off the car and you'll see what I mean. If you do go ahead, you'll need a 9 inch spring rated at 175 to 200 pounds/inch (depending on your engine) for about a 1 inch drop in ride height using Rally Design's eccentric or concentric ally top mounts.
If you're not intending to lower the car much, don't bother with the adjustable TCAs - the ball joints are not individually replaceable, and could cost you another 100 quid in a couple of years. Use standard TCAs with Superflex or similar bushes.