Radio fitting+sunroof problem

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Jamie Harris

Radio fitting+sunroof problem

Post by Jamie Harris »

I have 2 problems I wonder if anyone can help with: I have a 1985 1.6 Laser, and I want to fit a minidisc player-the problem is that the original radio in the dash is smaller,-I don't want to mess the dash up-what do most people do to fit a decent radio?
Also, when I bought the car, the slide/tilt sunroof worked fine-now it only slides about a third open, then sticks-is this a common problem, and what is the easiest way of getting into it without taking too much of the car to bits?
Thanks for any help given-I am very impressed with the Capri so far, and hope to put a good few miles on the clock!
Jamie
guitarswet

Radio fitting

Post by guitarswet »

If you search through the forum using the page numbers at the bottom you will find some articles covering the fitting of Radios. Find article dated 16th June.

Don't know much about sunroof problem but it is either an obstruction on the slide mechanism or the thing needs a good dose of WD40 to clear it up.
Noel Reeve

Minidisc

Post by Noel Reeve »

I've got a sony minidisc in mine. Thankfully the previous owner had already enlarged the radio hole to DIN E and hade made a reasonable job of it, so when I fitted my new head unit, it just slipped straight in. All you have to do is remove a small amount of the dash panel on the RIGHT hand side of the hole.
Jamie

Thanks for the info

Post by Jamie »

Thanks for the info folks-I'll have to bite the bullet and cut the dash. I hoped to get a spare from my scrappie, but the only Capri in the yard was completely stripped! As far as the sunroof was concerned, it was the headlining catching on the sunroof lining, so that wasn't too major.
Jamie