Oil-pressure-gauge

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
JamieH

Oil-pressure-gauge

Post by JamieH »

Oil pressure
guitarswet

Oil pressure

Post by guitarswet »

The Capri gauges are notoriously innacurate and should be treated as a guide only. However yours sounds as though everything is OK. From cold my gauge will rise quickly to just over half way. After a long hot drive the gauge is usually at half way at tickover. It will rise and fall as you rev the engine.
Marco

Cheers

Post by Marco »

That what I thought (and hoped).

Cheers and happy motorin£

Marco
xxx
Noel Reeve

oil pressure guages

Post by Noel Reeve »

I'll just stick my oar in here and add that the oil pressure on my 2.8i never ventures above the half way line on the guage. At tickover it languishes about 1/4 of the way up the guage.

I was a bit concerned about this, thinking the other half of the guage must be there for a reason, and had the pressure checked by a diagnostic bloke. Now that was about 18 months ago and I've forgotten exactly what the readings were, but the key phrase he uttered was 'it exactly matches the book specifications' and that was all I wanted to hear.

I think the guages are the same as fitted to all Capris and are not calibrated to different types of engine. This shows up on the 2.8i becuase the pushrod V6 has inherently lower oil pressure than the OHC engines.