CARB NIGHTMARE 2 (The Sequel)

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Andrew chalmers

CARB NIGHTMARE 2 (The Sequel)

Post by Andrew chalmers »

Removed and cleaned all 3 carbs.
Reassembled on car, balanced individuaally for airflow then balanced individually for mixture with a colourtune.
Stii get an cccasional spit from carb these spits grow more frequent as car warms up.

When I switch engine off but leave the electric fuel pump running after a few minutes the carbs get drops of fuel landing on the butterflys, which after a few mins starts to pool. These petrol drips come from the main pipe within the venturi tube in the middle of the carb throat. NOT the accel pumps or transfer ports etc

Obviously either too much fuel pressure or floats not sealing.

Fuel pump has a FILTER KING between pump and T-Piece for the 3 carbs (ALL 3 CARBS ARE POOLING)

Does anyone correct fuel pressure for DCNFs and best way to regulate this.
If I need parts an idea of where i should get em would help......

Andrew Chalmers
Noel Reeve

fuel

Post by Noel Reeve »

I know but very little about carburation and fuelling, but why is your fuel pump running after you switch off the ignition? This seems like a bad thing.
andrew chalmers

Try this then......

Post by andrew chalmers »

the fuel pumps is only pumping when the key is turned all the way round to the run position, just prior to turning over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Incidentally I have looked in 2 garages service data books for tappet/valve clearances both say do em cold but the gap varies

Inlet 11 Exhaust 13 from first
Inlet 13 Exhaust 22 from second

Does anyone have a pukka ford figure or does Haynes quote anything similair to above. (I believe the second!!!!)

THESE ARE FROM MAINSTREAM GARAGES SERVICE BOOKS !!!! WHY THE DIFFERENCE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~