EXPORTING A CAR TO AUSTRALIA

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
DAVE

EXPORTING A CAR TO AUSTRALIA

Post by DAVE »

Can any one give me any advice or costs to shipping a 1985 2.8 special to oz when I move there from England. Is it worth it?
guitarswet

Re: EXPORTING A CAR TO AUSTRALIA

Post by guitarswet »

The answer is almost certainly no it isn't worth it because a) it will cost a fortune b) it may not meet Austrailian legal requirements (eg unleaded petrol + catalysts) and c) you will find it next to impossible to get spare parts and or get it mended if it goes wrong. Having said all that it all really depends what the car means to you personally. Nothing is impossible ! You may want to consider buying a Capri in Austrailia - there are some MK1's over there. Why not contact Bret Watkins who has a picture of his MK1 Capri in one of the picture galleries on my web page and ask him for his opinion ? Best of luck !
Noel Reeve

Re: EXPORTING A CAR TO AUSTRALIA

Post by Noel Reeve »

Read Classic Ford magazine this month. There is an article in it about a bloke who has done exactly what you intend to do. The basic jist is that it cost him a lot of money!
John ROBERTS

Bring it on down under

Post by John ROBERTS »

Hi. I live in Australia and am actively involved with Capris. I know of about a dozen 2.8i cars in Victoria, parts are not hard other than body panels, The cars fetch good money over here. If your car is good, bring it, you will be betterof e-mail me for further