'Cleaning Spirits'

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Richard Gillick

'Cleaning Spirits'

Post by Richard Gillick »

I wonder if anyone can help me with my side body mouldings. I have just purchased a Capri Laser, and the previous owner has decided to not just polish the bodywork, but also the the matt black mouldings, which have left them looking rather white.I here you can use some form of 'spirits' (the liquid based ones) to remove the polish.Has anyone got any ideas.
guitarswet

Cleaning black strips

Post by guitarswet »

I have heard of people running a cloth soaked in some cellulose thinner across these black trim to clean them up. But be very careful if you try it!

I personally use 'Back to Black' which I spray on after washing the car. This gives good results but make sure you dry off all the water before applying it
Richard Gillick

Thanx

Post by Richard Gillick »

Thanx for the advice Mark, i shall give it a go this weekend. I will let you know how i got on.
suzette bullock

Autoglym

Post by suzette bullock »

When I got my Laser, I had 'white' side strips and I tried 'Back to Black' but they went white again as soon as the Sun came out (i think summer was a fortnight last Thursday!!). o I bought the Autoglym Bumper Care/plastic conditioner and they came up a treat and it doesn't fade and can't be washed off, when it's on, it's on! It's not black, it's actually like green slime, but although it's a bit pricy, it'll last for months 'cos you'll hardly use it!
Su