Untitled

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Reeles

Untitled

Post by Reeles »

Rain
JamieH

Capri as first car

Post by JamieH »

A Capri as a first car is a very good idea-they're very cheap-you get a lot of car for your money, they're nice to drive, and easy to maintain. As other people have said, you have to be careful, and get a feel for the car, but once you have some experience under your belt, they're great fun to throw about. It'd be very embarrassing and expensive though if you get overconfident too quickly, and wrap it around a lamp-post. Also, if you can find a company that will touch an under 25, you will be able to get classic insurance (something for the future if you can't get it now). My first car was a 3.5 V8 Rover P6-with big rear wheel drive cars be careful on wet and icy roads-you get a respect for a car which you don't with FWD hatches. As for advanced driving-that's a really good idea. You would get a discount for an under 25, and I found it really useful. Don't expect a discount from the insurance though-they don't usually give a toss (they're only interested in ripping young drivers off!)
DAVID LEAN

Dare to be different - but watchout

Post by DAVID LEAN »

my capri 1.6 is my 2nd car my first was a nova (don't tell anyone) the capri is much better you get alot more respect on the road but the 1.6 is a bit underpowered so you need to tweek it up a bit - weber carb & zorst and you'll be laughing - having said that you will still leave other young boyracers in their fiestas n saxos standing @ the lights in standard form - but as someone else said you need to adjust your driving styleee accordingly as you're driving a rwd car - no more booting it as you go round roundabouts unless you want to spin out - I also suggest you weigh down the back end with a couple of nice 12's in a big box - you know you want to!

tip - go to a big empty carpark - preferably wet and **** about in your car seeing what it will do if you boot it mid rurn etc.
you may be suprised but - better to spin it in a carpark than get caught out on the road!