Electronic Ignition 3L V6

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Chris Williams

Electronic Ignition 3L V6

Post by Chris Williams »

I am having trouble sourcing a second hand electronic ignition for a Capri 3L V6 engine. I live in New Zealand and a new one would cost $500 (NZ), this is beyond my budget. Can anyone help me by naming another make/model of car that would be suitable. Out of interest what would one cost in the UK?, it might be cheaper to get one shipped over.
Jon B

you could use a Luminition...

Post by Jon B »

A Luminition Optronic ignition kit with the appropriate fitting kit for either a Bosch or Motorcraft dizzy (whichever you've got)will do the job for you. Available from Demon Tweeks for about £130 plus post on 01978 664466.
Anonymous

Untitled

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have a Ford Motor Co. distributor. The kits you mentioned are only suitable for a Bosch or Lucas distrbutor.Thanks again.
Sami Kuusela

About ignition

Post by Sami Kuusela »

Well, here in Finland they sell aftermarket kit to replace the breakerpoints with an electronic breaker. Only one small black gizmo into distributor and voila. It is called Ignitor and I think it's from USA so propably can get from there or from Finland?! But I give the website address so you can see for your self.

http://personal.inet.fi/business/willis.motors

The site is in Finnish so...but also some pics.

Regards - Sami Kuusela
Chris Williams

Thanks for your help

Post by Chris Williams »

Thanks for your help. I have tracked down the "Ignitor" in NZ. Easy to fit and reasonably priced. Thanks again.