Passenger-mirror

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Marco

Passenger-mirror

Post by Marco »

As on many Capris, my non-remote-passenger-doormirror is rusty on the lower side where it is mounted to it£s "holder"....well, don£t know the exact word, really.

Anyway, everywhere I asked for a replacement one they say that it is not available at present..

Does anybody have some kind of tip as to how I could fix this? I thought about something like this liquid metal that you can use to fix exhausts or something like that.

Anything else that might be useful to do something like this?

Or does anybody have a non remote spare mirror? Remember, it is a german capri, I need the right-side-mirrir !!

Cheers
Marco
xxx
su bullock

check messages page

Post by su bullock »

go to the 'messages' page on this website and someone has info about a taxi firm in Liverpool who use them on their cabs and u can buy them off them
Noel

lucky man

Post by Noel »

Marco,

the answer is obvious - as your car is left hand drive, your best bet is to get hold of a UK drivers remote mirror (the one that goes on the RIGHT hand side of the car) and put it on YOUR passenger side. Then you will be in the luxurious position of having matching door mirrors! Any UK based capri breaker will have loads of door mirrors knockin around.

Maybe you should start a secondhand mirror swapping programme where you send German LEFT hand side remote mirrors over here in exchange for UK style RIGHT hand side remote mirrors. Then everyone can have them matching without having to buy new ones from the Taxi suppliers!
Marco

Mirror

Post by Marco »

Well, I might try and look out for some driver mirrors, no problem, if you are serious. Can£t promise anything, though, cos passenger mirrors are gone anywhere.

I£ll try my best.

Apart from that, please see my next posting above, there£s something else I am on the hunt for...

Best thing for you will be to mail me directly, address see above (do you know MINDER ???), we could then make out the details.

Cheerio
Marco
xxx

Marco

Noel, please see entry below this...

Post by Marco »