280 Tailgate Struts

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Robin 280 - Isle of Wight

280 Tailgate Struts

Post by Robin 280 - Isle of Wight »

Anyone know where I can get some struts for my 280 tailgate, which won't cost an arm & leg ?
They have the type where the screw go through them, not a spring clip type. Have seen some advertised but cost 'lots', it's a bit heavy to keep holding up with my head, and I'm too short as it is..!

Thanks - Robin
Trev

I know just the place

Post by Trev »

There's a place in Portsmouth. What's it called now - oh I had it just now. On the tip of me tongue. No. It's gone. Sorry!
Robin 280 - IoW

where..where !!

Post by Robin 280 - IoW »

If you remember it I'll catch a ferry, ring them or probably both..

Thanks... Robin
Trev

Hang on...

Post by Trev »

It began with a 'P'. Or was it 'B'? Doh! Me and my memory. I'll have a root around the yellow pages and get back to you. If I remember to.
Ron Farmer

Try this number

Post by Ron Farmer »

Try Frith & Sons near Ashford. 01303 872135. Ask for Richard Frith. He always used to have loads of Capri parts. Worth a try - good luck!
Robin 280 - IoW

Thanks Trev

Thanks Trev, are you located near Portsmouth then, or do you just have a Yellow Pages for Area?
Any info you can find I'll be most grateful for, no chance getting anything here on IoW anyway..

Regards - Robin
Robin 280 - IoW

Thanks Ron

Thanks for Info. and telephone number will give him a try..

Regards - Robin
Mark280

If all else fails

Post by Mark280 »

try ringing Partfinder uk.
directory enquiries will give you the number,the call costs about £2.00 but then many breakers will call you back and offer you them mail order.
The advantage is ,you get many different prices offered and if you pay by visa and are not satisfyed it will cost you nothing.
Mark
Ron Farmer

How did you get on?

Post by Ron Farmer »

Any joy?
Robin 280

Sorry.. No Good at all..

Post by Robin 280 »

I Rang that number / person, they did not know what I was talking about, and did'nt want to know basically, said I have been given the wrong number ..?? Thanks for trying anyway ..

Regards - Robin