2 litre laser vacumn advance

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
guitarswet

2 litre laser vacumn advance

Post by guitarswet »

timing
Paul Berry

timing

Post by Paul Berry »

HAVE BEEN USING BROQUET CATALYST FOR SIX MONTHS NOWWHERE DOES THE PIPE FROM THE VACUMN ADVANCE CONNECT ON THE WEBBER CARB THANKS FOR YOUR LAST REPLIE IS IT BELOW THE LOVE DIAPHAM
guitarswet

vacuum pipe

Post by guitarswet »

The vacuum pipe from the diaphragm on the side of the distributor should rise up through the gap in the inlet manifold and connect to the carburettor on the pipe fitting that points towards the rocker box. Ther is no other correct place to fit this pipe. The LOVE device was replaced on late model Capris by a ported vacuum switch PVS that is bolted to the underside of the inlet menifold (it is green in colour and not easy to see). The two tubes from the switch come up around the front of the manifold and push onto the two pipe fittings on the front corner of the carburettor. On older capris the two pipee fittings were simply connected together by a short length of tubing and referred to as the LOVE device. Some people block the pipe off all together as it can make the car run rich 'all the time' - especially on old carbs. However on my rolling road session the PVS was found to be working fine on my carburettor so it is staying as Uncle Henry intended!
Paul Berry

vacuum Pipe

Post by Paul Berry »

Thanks for your replie to my last question My carb has got the love device and the pvs valve in the manifold I thought that the pvs valve was supposed to let the love device only work during the warm up period to stop the car from stalling as a stall happens and manifold vacuum drops the love device pumps petrol in the venturi therfore stopping the stall Am i on the right track or not