Ford Radio

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Chris Blowers

Ford Radio

Post by Chris Blowers »

I've just acquired a 2.0 laser with the original electronic ford radio fitted. Problem is, tape player works ok, medium wave works ok, but FM and LW produce no sound ........ any ideas ??
Marco

Difficult to say

Post by Marco »

...Well, doing a "remote-diagnosis" on electronics is next to impossible. I think we can cut out any broken fuses since most of the radio works.

Maybe you could check any soldering-contacts, especially at mechanically moved devices like buttons and so on for damages or bad contacts, but apart from that, I think it£s a proper service job for someone who knows a bit more about this than me ;-))

I don£t know how it is in the UK, but here in Germany you can look at a classic-car-mag, there are loads of "professional classic-radio-restorers" who can do the job.

Don£t know about the costs, though....maybe out of relation concerning the value of the radio....

Hope this helps
Cheerio
MArco
xxx
Noel Reeve

aerial

Post by Noel Reeve »

Is your aerial any good? Is it connected to the radio properly, does it have a good earth with the body.

Difficult to tell what might be wrong, but if the aerial is not providing a good signal, then FM receptions will be non existant but medium wave can be picked up without an antenna sometimes.
Lee

Yep I know what it is

Post by Lee »

Pull your stereo out and I bet any money that the jack in the back has either come out or not there at all. You would still get FM with an ariel close by but LW etc won't work without it.

If not that then could be an internal fault. Take it to ford and they will be able to help and normally for free with things like that.