Oil + Clonk!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Reeles

Oil + Clonk!

Post by Reeles »

I have a 2.8 injection and when reversing and turning or making slow forward turns I get a huge 'clonk' from the left hand/front suspension. I suspect the bushes are perished as I have what is now a fairly severe oil leak, but I could be wrong. I cannot seem to find where the leak is coming from as the fan is blowing the oil all over the engine! It must be coming from the front of the engine, maybe the timing cover but again I could be wrong!!

Any suggestions?

thanks
Rob
Reeles

Fan cover holder thingy

Post by Reeles »

Sorry but I don't know whay else to call it! It looks like it coming from the area with the fan atached to it, but the metal bit that is attached to the main part of the engine...I guess its the water pump housing! Does it have a gasget/seal that could of perished? The engine has just clocked 14'000.

Rob

P.S I had my first powerslide today (don't get any weird ideas Josie)and shorted out my de-mister by opening the bonnet in the pouring rain!... Bollocks!
Reeles

Grille

Post by Reeles »

If you look at the back part of the bonnet there is a sort of grille made from metal, and I managed to tip a bonnet full of rain water down it while turning on my lights(long story)! After that the Heater/de-mister FAN did not work but the actual heater did.

Thanks for the help

Rob
Robin 280

Might be ..

Post by Robin 280 »

OK yes understand now, water go through that grille and then run down into a flute on the bulkhead and then drains away, at the bottom..

Is the fuse that control the heater fan OK ? ( / does the fan on the heater work ?)
Check all the fuses ( drivers side I think ?...) as water get to them 'easily', when a lot of water on the bonnet.. especially if the transparent cover has gone 'missing', ( might be corroded as well as they are the old ceramic / brass ones.. )
Pays to keep them 'well looked after' anyway..

Regards - Robin
Rob

Yes, but..

Post by Rob »

..before the water went down, it worked fine.
After it went down it did'nt.
After I dried it out it now works..
even better than before!

Still haven't fixed/found the leak.

Rob