BHP

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Alan Metcalf

BHP

Post by Alan Metcalf »

Can anyone tell me what sort of BHP i can expect from a 2 litre laser (rough figure will do).

Also, a handy tip for keeping the black bits black (side trim, boot spoiler etc). Use normal black boot polish - works a treat !
Robin 280

98 bhp ?

Post by Robin 280 »

Think 98 bhp rings a bell, might be wrong ??

Regards - Robin
D Dennis

Depends

Post by D Dennis »

Depends how much you've thrashed the car. The more worn the engine the less bhp, so knowing the way you drive, before long it will have about as much bhp as a robin reliant in reverse, with the handbrake on, going up hill, with a strong head wind carrying a large load!!!
Anonymous

Untitled

Post by Anonymous »

Do u mean Reliant Robin ?
Anyway how you getting on with that Capri in Hendon ?
guitarswet

Capri Power

Post by guitarswet »

They were set up to give 100bhp at the wheels when they left the factory but as a rule of thumb you can knock off 5bhp for every 50,000 miles she's done. Mine was rolling roaded in 1995 at 84,000 and had 97.5bhp totally standard. After my engine rebuild this last four months I've just got 118 bhp on the rolling road. Mileage is 138,000. It cost me about £400 and a lot of hard work to get that extra 20% but it has made a huge difference (and she is fully unleaded now as well)
Alan Metcalf

BHP

Post by Alan Metcalf »

Thanks Mark,
Shes got 81000 on the clock but im pretty certain shes had a recon. engine at somepoint (Unleaded) so from what you've said i reckon she should have between 85 and 100 BHP.