Granada/Capri Cologne

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rob

Granada/Capri Cologne

Post by Rob »

My Capri had a recon GRANADA cologne put in when the capri unit gave up. I have lowered the car 2" and one day hit a speed bump rather fast and managed rip half the manifold lip off. since then the hole in the manifold has got bigger and I am looking to replace the whole system including manifolds. I understand the Granada has a different head and fuel injection system meaning a capri manifold will not fit. What is involved in restoring my granada unit to capri power and glory? I don't really want to keep it in granada form unless really serious expense is involved.

Cheers

Rob
Noel

same?

Post by Noel »

If the granada engine you have is a 2.8 block, then I thought they were largely the same.

If its a 2.9 then don't even think about it as there are many siginificant differences between the engines.

Am I right or wrong on this?
Rob

VERY similar

Post by Rob »

Its the 2.8i and I understand that the the differences are different heads and slightly different fuel injection systems with the Capri's being performance orientated and the Granada's being less power orientated. There may be other differences, getting a new manifold is a nightmare as the granada doesn't have such a cult following, plus I want the power I'm paying for in insurance
premiums!

Cheers

Rob