mods affecting insurance..

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
LASER POWER

mods affecting insurance..

Post by LASER POWER »

How much will a set of 15" alloys hike up my insurance?(on average) And can i get away with out telling them about the standard mods such as K&N and stainless steel exhausts?..I've heard the horror stories about Insurers not paying out, and even suing when a car that has only been lightly modified is involved in a crash(not telling them about fitment of alloys etc etc.), so i need to know the score...
Mark280

Be honest!

Post by Mark280 »

If you enquire with your insurance first, before fitting anything then you are covered.
If the car was fitted with alloy wheels to start with another set of alloys will make no difference(unless they get nicked and you try to claim for them).
As for exhausts and filters ,I dont think they will make much difference,Its only really if you fit another size engine or add things like cams ,uprated carbs,nitrous ect.Some of the horror stories are true ,so its best to cover yourself.An extra tenner a year is better than no payout if the worst happens,especially if its someone elses fault and their insurance company refuses payment because of your car having a few little mods!
Mark;O)