New Capri

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Craig Adamson

New Capri

Post by Craig Adamson »

Help needed...
Having had 3 1.6 lasers' (Currently driving 2.0 Granada) Each time selling them only to realise i can't live without a Capri, I've deceided it's time to have another one, I want a 2.8 but i think i end up with a 2l, Question is will i notice a big power increase from the 1.6's i've had if i go for the 2l and not the 2.8 ?

Please let me know what you all think 'cus i'm gonna have to buy one soon, i just can't cope !!!!!!
Noel Reeve

power

Post by Noel Reeve »

I think you will notice a satisfying power increase between the 1.6 and the 2.0. Satisfying enough to make up for loss in mpg!
Craig Adamson

Deceided

Post by Craig Adamson »

Having thort about it long and hard, i've deceided to go for a 2l Laser as aposed to the 2.8, Having had a 2.8i Granada i know how thirsty those engines can be !!!!!!
Craig Adamson

Cheers

Post by Craig Adamson »

Cheers Noel.
Noel

one final point

Post by Noel »

yes, the 2.8 V6 is more thirsty than the 2L, but you'll get better economy from it in the Capri than the Granada because it is a smaller car! Note I say 'better' rather than good, because it's still not exactly what you'd call a 'efficient' car!
Craig Adamson

Too late !!!!

Post by Craig Adamson »

Yeah, i know what you're saying but it's still a bit to thirsty for my budget, anyway it's too late now as i am now the very pround owner of a White 1986 2.0l Laser, 80000 miles, almost perfect body and VERY sexy !!!!

Thanks anyway,

Craig
Capriman

aha

Post by Capriman »

And when was all this thought up?
Iwan Davies

1.6 v 2ltr

Post by Iwan Davies »

Hi Craig.
I 'claimed' my mums 1.6 when it was taken off the road 3 years ago and have a flat feild that i drive it about in now until I can restore it.3 months ago I bought a 2ltr Laser, and there is quite a big difference in power (although the 2ltr has a twin choke weber, strengthened cam etc) but you get used to it quickly.
Good luck with your search and my e mail address is [email protected] if you want a chat about Carpi's

Iwan