Rear Wiper Motor and Front Wipers not working.

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Den

Rear Wiper Motor and Front Wipers not working.

Post by Den »

Hi Everyone,
My rear wiper has packed up on my C reg 2.o laser, my local Ford dealer says the part is no longer available. Has anyone ever fitted an alternative ? Also, my front wipers have also packed up later. Started out they wouldn`t park at the bottom of the screen when you turned them off, and there was a loud clicking coming from above footwell when wipers set on Intermittent. Does this sound like a knackered relay ? The control switch is fine.

Thanks and cheers to Mark for this excellent forum.

Den
Marco

No, no relay...

Post by Marco »

I don£t think it£s a relay.

At least the reported effect of the wipers not going to their parking-position normally is a mechanical Prob inside the wipermotor.

there is a little slider-contact which keeps up the Voltage until the wipers have parked.

Normally this is broken when the wipers behave like this.

Maybe this also may have the more severe consequences like in your case.

By the way, my rear wiper doesn£t work as well. The Garage of the previous owner tried to fix it twice, but couldn£t manage.

Cheers
Marco
xxx
ciaranf

Rear wiper

Post by ciaranf »

Speaking from experience I think your rear wiper problem stems from corrosion on the power contact between the body and the bootlid. On the left hand side of the boot on the outside of the rubber above the light cluster there is a switch clean this up and the contact on the boot lid and it should come back to life.

As for your front wipers try replacing the relay the clicking noise hints towards this being the problem there much easier to get at than the wiper motor and should only cost about £8 at the most.
Hope this helps