front end? and back axle!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
fil

front end? and back axle!

Post by fil »

ive got a 1600 mk3 and want a nice looking front end insted of that grill thing some thing like a tikford or summot but thats minor my big question is that im getting either a v8 rover engine or a v6 granada both with turbo and tons of bhp and i think that my 1600 gt back axle wont take it and well itll die so can some one recomend a rear axle to stick on it (can be modified etc tro fit but one thatll work easy fit would be nice!!) cheers
fil
sins
guitarswet

Axles

Post by guitarswet »

The obvious thing is to use a LSD axle from a 2.8 special, but I think that you are being very ambitious with your plans. The 2.8 Capri body shell is specially strengthened down the transmission tunnel to take the additional torque. If you fit a V8 into a 1600 Capri you will distort the bodyshell in no time at all. You need to do some serious welding to bring it up to spec. It would be much cheaper to sell your 1600 and get a 2.8 Capri in the first place!
fil

what about?

Post by fil »

the person who is doing my capri does his own stock cars and he is going to strip down and renforce the car its self! and what do you think about 14.5litre chevi engine gear box and back axle and a stock car front axle and disc breaks for a nice 1/4 mile drag car?
cheers