Magazine reviews

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
jimmyjimmyjimmy

Magazine reviews

Post by jimmyjimmyjimmy »

I'd really like to read motoring mag reviews of the Laser 1.6 & 2.0 Capris when they came out in '84, but obviously back issues don't go back that far!!
Any ideas where I could find them on the Internet?
Rob

Alternative?

Post by Rob »

Your name would'nt be Jimmy by any chance? I have a book which contains all the autocar, auto express etc. reviews for the 1.6, 2.0,(lasers and s'), 2.8i and Aston Tickford. I will try and find who put it together and post it here asap as I'm at work at the moment.

Might be somthing similar on the net, I don't know.

Rob
Rob

Reading!

Post by Rob »

Just noticed you live in Reading and so do I! I drive a black 2.8i. seen it around?
jimmyjimmyjimmy

Rob!!!

What reg is it? There's one I see going down the Tilehurst Road now & again
Rob

A

Post by Rob »

A reg, with Ford motorsport sun visor, white tyre wall writing. What do you drive?
Noel

You will find what you're looking for at....

Post by Noel »

Have a look at Chaters:

http://www.chaters.co.uk

I think the books you are after are the ones that Transport Source publish, they are collections of magazine reviews. But if you go to that page and search on ford capri there's loads of books.
Rob

Transport Source Books

Post by Rob »

I found it! I'm not sure where you'll get it from but the ISDN is: 85847 334 9, Its titled 'Ford Capri Mk3 Volume 2' compiled by Trevor Alder and is very good. The T.S.R.'s number is 01473 270376 and will probably either sell you one direct or tell you where you can get one from.

Hope it helps.
Rob
jimmyjimmyjimmy

Car

Don't currently own a Capri - i'm in the market for a late (C or D reg) Laser 1.6 or 2.0
Pretty hard to find one meeting my desires - got to be black, and in excellent condition.
And not be a ridiculous price.
KNow of any for sale in the area???
Rob

Newbury and Thatcham CCI

Post by Rob »

I belong to that club and they have a few for sale at there site(linked from this site)some on the brink of giving them away! I'm also looking out for one for my mate so I'll keep you posted.

Rob