Fitting super flex bushes?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rich.e

Fitting super flex bushes?

Post by Rich.e »

I've just bought a full set of superflex bushes for the rear suspension of my 85 2.8i, teh spring bushes look easey to fit, but the anti-roll bar to chassis bush looks like it may need a press?, has anyone fitted these, and what problems did you have? any tips would help.
Noel

its not easy, but

Post by Noel »

Putting the new ones in is easy as they're in two halves.

Taking the old ones out isn't too bad. Really you need a press, but since the old rubber ones have slots cut in them, you can attack then with a large, sharp knife and carefully cut out the centre sleeve.

Then use a hacksaw to make two slots in the outer steel bush, and then prize it out with a big screwdriver.
Rich.e

what about the front?

Post by Rich.e »

I've not ordered any bushes for the front end yet, as I'm going to fit new TCA, do I need to remove the new bush from the TCA (they do come with the inner bush fitted, don't they?)How hard is this to fit? is it still in two halfs?
Noel

bit trickier

Post by Noel »

The new TCAs will come with normal rubber bushes (inner and outer) attached.

To get these out, you need to get violent with a sharp knife to cut the outer bush in two and then prize it out with a screwdriver.
The inner bush is smaller, tighter, and has a metal sleeve. It is more difficult to get out. I trimmed off all the rubber I couldm, then used a couple of appropriately sized sockets and a vice to press the bush out.

The poly bushes all come in two halves, so are very easy to fit.