Amps.

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rob

Amps.

Post by Rob »

Has anyone fitted an amp to their capri's before and knows the best place for it to be wired and fixed to?

Advice much appreciated!
Rob
Craig

Amp

Post by Craig »

Depending on how big it is i have found three places.
1. Behind the glove box
2. Under the passenger seat
3. In the boot in the gap next to where the rear window washer bottle sits - if you have a look you'll know what i mean.

Hope this helps

Craig
Rob

Amp

Post by Rob »

Thanks, I did't fancy taking the dash off or putting it near liquid so I fitted it inside the left rear wing! seems to be alright there but the sub is 12" and I had to make my own box for it to fit in the shallow boot!

Rob
Adam Webb

Nice one geeza

Post by Adam Webb »

Glad to see that I am not the only capri driver bothered about his choons. I have 2 amps fitted, one 2x50w fitted under the glovebox and an 800w one screwed to the back of the small rear seat. Tweeters go great on the dash, and yes it is possible to fit two 15in Subs, but no longer do you have a boot, you have to build a strange hexagonal box and you are buggered if you need your spare. You probably had no interest in any of that though, sorry.
Rob

Actually.....

Post by Rob »

I was interested as I am having massive problems getting a box to fit nicely without it sliding around!The capri has great accoustics styling doesn't it! Hexagonal you reckon? What do you have your 6x9's mounted on? an original or custom shelf?

Thanks
Rob (The original!)
Simon Chapman

15inch Subs

Post by Simon Chapman »

Yea I was interested actually , Im puttin 2 Mac Audio subs in Mine end of January , im gunna rattle to bugger to bits