help!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
paulspeiser

help!

Post by paulspeiser »

Insurance
Mike Rudge

Insurance......

Post by Mike Rudge »

I had a similar problem myself: I am 19 and drive a 2ltr laser. While searching for insurance quotes got anything between £1200 - £2500. On the basis of many people's advice I tried Co-Op insurance (CIS), and am now paying about £850 for third party fire and theft cover.
I reckon that is about as cheap as it is going to be anywhere. That premium is for a 19yr old male driver, having had a clean licence since I passed my test about 20 months ago. I had no no-claims bonus, but did have a pass plus driving certificate; for which they gave me 35% discount (the equivelent to 1yrs NCB). being skint all the time I chose to pay the premium monthly, it would have been about £780 if i could have stumped it all up in one go.
Ofcourse, it may be less for you since you have a 1.6.
I recommend a pass plus test if you havn't already done one; it is only around 6 lessons, and you can't argue if it gets 35% off your insurance.
Hope this helps, it is nice to hear of someone our age driving Capris, instead of battered boy racer wagons like astra and the like.
Iwan

Headache

Post by Iwan »

I have 2 capri's, the better one is a 1984 2 litre laser, cheapest quote for me = £1000 so i've decided to spend the next few years restoring it until i can afford to insure it! (by the way, I also hate Astra's and the like, a Capri would whip them anyday)