4 speaker stereo

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
kev

4 speaker stereo

Post by kev »

I have just fitted an origianl four speaker stereo to my mk3, what i wanted to know is how to connect the stereo to the speaker fader located under the dash. The stereo itself only has two outputs, but it connects to four speakers through the fader, does anyone know how to wire up the fader?
Shaun Johnson

Untitled

Post by Shaun Johnson »

You do not say what make the stereo is. In my experiences you leave the fader in the car alone because some hi street stereo's do not like, because the fader in ford's use a comin earth(i.e. 4 speakers and 6 wires). It is just as easy to rewire and leis grieve. If you have more pommels please e-mail me on [email protected]
Shaun
ciaranf

Wiring

Post by ciaranf »

If you capri had a fader origonally and yor fitting an origonal capri stereo there should be little problems.
The car would have been wired from factory if it has a four speaker set up. When you go to fit the origonal head unit there should be four origonal wires where the radio sits they lead the two channels down to the fader, when you remove the section where the fader it mounted you should find a bunch of wires blue green brown and red two of each with a yellow tracer on one set ( these are the left speakers if I remember rightly ). The fader itself should have small stickers on each terminal indicating which wire has to be connected to its respective terminal. Any wire you see that isnt factory whould have been used to by-pass the fader when a non-factory unit was fitted.

These faders work fine with the standard capri head units. With any other unit it should be by-passed.