Condensation

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rhys W

Condensation

Post by Rhys W »

Hi!
I am a relatively new Capri owner so I'd appreciate any help.
I have a two litre laser which suffers from very bad condensation on the front and back windows. What can I do to remedy this? Do I need to replace the seals on the windows? The car is kept outside if this makes a difference.

Thank you kindly
Rhys W
Mike Rudge

Condensation...

Post by Mike Rudge »

I also have a two litre laser, which has suffered badly from condensation.
I found the main problem was the small lake that had formed in the spare tyre well in the boot; due to a leaking tailgate seal. This was replaced - solving that problem, but I recently had the heater out (not much fun) and in the process found another sizeable amount of water in the trim under the drivers side dash. I'm hoping this is attributable to a failed windscreen rubber, rather than anything more sinister like a hole in the bulkhead. You could also check the door and sunroof seals for leaks.
Hope this helps.
Mike Rudge

Rust...

Post by Mike Rudge »

Another thought is to check the condition of the front wings on the top and side faces where they meet the scuttle in front of the windscreen.
Capris are notorious for harbouring mud in this corner between the outer and inner wings. If there is corrosion on the outside, chances are it has eaten its way out from the inside - and possibly through into the inside of the car aswell. Which means fun with the welder at the weekend. I think that I may have to replace the wings on my car because of this.
Rhys W

Thanks!

Post by Rhys W »

Thanks Mike - I shall go and investigate once it stops raining
Noel

mudguards

Post by Noel »

Lets not forget the mudguards that go inside the front wings.

If these are missing (or decayed so they don't fit properly anymore) then you can get more crud than normal building up at the tops of the wings and hence holes forming.

Thats not to say that your problem isn't a windscreen or tailgate seal related.

A lot of Capris drive around without mudguards in the wings because they have been taken out for repair work and never put back. New owners sometimes don't realise anything is missing.
Robin 280

agree

Post by Robin 280 »

Agree these Mudguards in the front wings are far more important that people realise, preserve the life of wings no end..

Robin