Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
- Posts: 2794
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
- Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
- Location: Kent
What about plumbers PTFE tape ? Only a guess and not seeing the pipes
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey .......
- Posts: 1249
- Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
- Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
- Location: South Bucks
- Posts: 647
- Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
- Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
- Location: Invercargill New Zealand
Make sure you use 2 spanners , one to hold the fitting still and the other to tighten the nut. The nut and fitting need a fair bit of torque to get them to seal and this amount of torque is often enough to damage the other end of the fitting,where be it welded or threaded to something and by supporting the fitting you remove this potential for damage
I have the patience of a saint ........Saint cnuty Mc Fuckoff