Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi I bought a new clutch kit from burtons. When trying to get the old release bearing off I had twist it with grips to get it off. The new one looks the same as the old one so I tried it on before fitting the clutch fork and the same problem doesn’t want to come off and I ended up breaking the tabs on it. When I got the car there was a release bearing lying in the car this is bigger in size but when fitted to the fork goes on and off no problem. The problem is I don’t what clutch it’s for that’s why a bought a new kit. Any help thanks
- Posts: 2128
- Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:40 pm
- Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition
- Location: England
- Posts: 5724
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 am
- Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.
- Location: http://www.blacklabradorpuppies.co.uk/
If the spare one you have fits and works then use it. You'll soon tell when it's all put back together if it's too big.