Incurable wheel wobble

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983. Daily driver Audi A6 estate. Project car 1980 MGB GT
Previously owned 1.6 L with 2.1 pinto & a 2.8 injection

Re: Incurable wheel wobble

Postby Not_Anumber » Fri May 19, 2017 10:26 am

You are welcome and I hope the horrendous rain stops for long enough to actually get them on the car. :drive:

Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Postby Arya2.0S » Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Update:

Ebay has given me a full refund for the defective tyres, no strings attached (as should have been the case from square one, shady vendor's fault not eBay's).
I am under no obligation to return the tyres either, as that would be at further cost to me.
So basically the vendor can have the tyres back so long as they send me the money it will cost to have them unmounted from the rims (£40), which isnt likely.
I'll probably sell these superlights and buy those 7-spokes Not_Anumber has lent me, which i have just put on the car and they look AWESOME!
Pictures tomorrow, too tired now.

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Fri May 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Arya2.0S wrote:too tired now.

:doh:

Glad you have it sorted.....Nice 280 Brookylikes :whistle:

Arya2.0S

Postby Arya2.0S » Fri May 19, 2017 6:35 pm

andyd wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:too tired now.

:doh:

Glad you have it sorted.....Nice 280 Brookylikes :whistle:

:lol:
Brookylikes? I like that.
They are off a Sierra so they require wheel spacers to give them the right offset for the Capri or else they'll rub on the struts, but yeah they look pretty sweet so im thinking of buying them with my refund money since the tyres on them have barely been used.
They need a clean and i'll likely do a light refurb on them with some sand paper and some rattle cans before i put them on the car for good.
Once i have tested them and found out for sure what is going on with this whole wobble situation i'll tart them all up and keep them on the car for good, and just keep my old 4-spokes as a back up as they have been a life saver during this whole tyre nightmare, plus its good to keep the originals for posterity. :P

Major_Tom
Car(s): Hot 2.0S

Postby Major_Tom » Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Not_Anumber wrote:You are welcome and I hope the horrendous rain stops for long enough to actually get them on the car. :drive:

What a guy! Hope it helps sort the issue.
My car isn't stupid.... it's MENTAL.

Arya2.0S

Postby Arya2.0S » Fri May 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Not_Anumber wrote:You are welcome and I hope the horrendous rain stops for long enough to actually get them on the car. :drive:

Oh btw, you dont have pneumonia now after getting drenched yesterday do you? :lol:
My shirt was soaked all the way through, had to put a plastic bag behind me so i didnt get my seat wet! I was tempted to drive home shirtless lol.
Still was pretty fun hanging out in the rain, im a bit crazy but i love the rain.

Major_Tom wrote:
What a guy! Hope it helps sort the issue.

Believe me, so do I. Then i can finally sleep at night and not have to worry anymore.

Oh, and it seems we have blown past the 100 posts mark! Lol

Return to “Q & A”