CCI Magazine Delivery

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: CCI Magazine Delivery

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

sheff wrote:I hope your magazine turns up safely. PM me if it doesn't and I'll send you mine after I've read it, minus the £50 free gift :lol:
pbar wrote:That's very good of you, thank you Neil :D
:agree: Yes Paul its very good of Neil indeed.
sheff wrote: minus the £50 free gift :lol:
Neil, it don't sound very FREE to me mate. I did not have to pay £50 for mine... :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: it don't sound very FREE to me mate. I did not have to pay £50 for mine... :)
Hey Nick,
Perhaps you received the voucher for a free breakfast at a show instead?
:lol:

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Judging by Sally's reply as posted above, an awful lot must have gone 'missing'.
Paul, With this in mind maybe they really should think seriously about how they send the magazine out in the future in a non transparent postal sleeve. This way they will have all "corners covered" :) :sorry:

Hope you get your November copy sorted mate :)
pbar wrote:I have a request from Sally at the Capri Club, will those who HAVE received the November magazine, please send her an email just with your postcode. She is just trying to ascertain what the problem may be.
Just done this Paul :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Perhaps you received the voucher for a free breakfast at a show instead?
Andrew, I never heard of any car shows in "Stead" mate...but its a very long way to go to use a voucher for a free breakfast. Stead is a community in the Washoe County in Nevada mate. Its zip code is 89506 I believe :)
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Just done this Paul :)
Thank you Nick.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:I have a request from Sally at the Capri Club, will those who HAVE received the November magazine, please send her an email just with your postcode. She is just trying to ascertain what the problem may be.
Fordoholic Nick wrote:Just done this Paul :)
Hi Paul.

I got a reply from Sally at CCI HQ today. She does seem very concerned about the number that did go missing for the November Issue. Hopefully this is only a "one off". Paul, if Neil wants to hold onto his copy then I don't mind sending you my November Issue either mate. There you go...you now have a "back up" in case Neil does send you his copy and that goes missing as well :(

In the past I have sent up gift vouchers, and money ( I know...silly me :banghead: ) to my nieces up in Yorkshire and I have had about an 80% success rate over the years. You do wonder how "they" seem to know if money or vouchers may be enclosed. Suppose vouchers can be cancelled but money not ! Now if... ok...when, I send up money I put the cards into a jiffy bag so it looks more like a cd or book so hopefully more chance to get through. In fact I did this very thing on Monday just gone. Sent up two cards with £15 in each one for my twin nieces and put them into one jiffy bag and just sent it standard first class. It arrived in Yorkshire yesterday morning...phew !

All the best Paul

Nick
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thank you very much Nick, I appreciate that :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I've received a reply from Sally at the club as well, it seems as though they are still trying to find out which areas of the country have not received their copies of the magazine.

I must admit that I didn't realise the club only printed enough magazines for the membership, but it makes perfect sense to do that, in order to keep printing and storage costs to a minimum, which is a good thing. I wonder if they will reprint the November issue if the missing magazines cannot be located?

Either way, it sounds as though you'll still be able to acquire a copy, thanks to Nick and Neil's generous offers.

All the best,
Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi,
I've received a reply from Sally at the club as well, it seems as though they are still trying to find out which areas of the country have not received their copies of the magazine.
Those in the North have been most affected.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
Is the parts catalogue usually delivered in a plain envelope? I can't remember if it is, or is this the new packaging method for CCI magazines?
It gave me a shock, as anything delivered in a plain manila A4 envelope usually is the bearer of bad news....

Andrew.
Bertie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8 injection special
2016 Ford Tourneo Titanium
2015 Subaru Forrester
1958 Porsche 108L Tractor

Post by Bertie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi All,
Is the parts catalogue usually delivered in a plain envelope? I can't remember if it is, or is this the new packaging method for CCI magazines?
It gave me a shock, as anything delivered in a plain manila A4 envelope usually is the bearer of bad news....

Andrew.
Hi Andrew

I recently joined CCI and my mag plus catalogue arrived in the same clear plastic package. Perhaps that's just as a new member combined package though.....

Des
pbar

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi All,
Is the parts catalogue usually delivered in a plain envelope?
I think so, yes. The monthly magazines are sent from a dsitributors who pack them in that cellophane bag.

Same goes for the free gift usually, brown envelope/package. I got a great looking 2.8 Injection table mat this time :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

December issue has arrived :D Thank you again Nick for the November one, previously received, and to you Neil for the offer. Two gents indeed.