I know we should be thankful, but.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: I know we should be thankful, but.

Post by stevemarl »

pbar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:11 pm he only place which springs to mind for proper postage costs is CapriGear,
:agree:
Martin charges very fair prices all around. I would always go there first.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:44 am A similar thing came up a couple of weeks back where someone had bought a viscous coupling. IIRC it still had the Land Rover part number on it, and checking it turned out to be significantly cheaper to get the exact same item from a LR dealer.
That was the one I ordered from CCI. It was a Britpart brand part for a 200TDI Defender, in its Britpart box so no attempt to palm it off as anything else to be fair. Nothing wrong with it at all, good part equivalent, but available from numerous other sources for not much more than half CCI price.

I don't have a problem with CCI at all, they are to be supported for the number of parts they organise and make available. Sometimes its worth paying them though - when I was having engine work done last month I needed a radiator ASAP and I knew they'd have it to me inside 48 hours so they got the sale even though they aren't necessarily the cheapest.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Noel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:50 pm hat was the one I ordered from CCI. It was a Britpart brand part for a 200TDI Defender, in its Britpart box so no attempt to palm it off as anything else to be fair. Nothing wrong with it at all, good part equivalent, but available from numerous other sources for not much more than half CCI price.
That`s the one, I couldn`t remember who it was. There`s no argument about that, that is just cynical.
STEVEW
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.3S
Project

Post by STEVEW »

The bottom line to all this is:
if you have the time, it pays to shop around.

(especially for electronic/electric parts.)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The seller sent an offer of an additional 10% discount to anybody who viewed the item. It's such a low price it would have been rude to refuse.
Thanks Steve ! :D

Andrew.