PCB

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

PCB

Post by Major_Tom »

..hello ladies gentlemen. Are there other options for replacing the dash PCB apart from CCI? Can the old one be mended? What's the best way to go about it?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: PCB

Post by Mc Tool »

I have done a couple of repairs on mine ,and I guess if you could be arsed you could re-wire the dash completely , but I didnt know cci could supply .🙂
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

They do but theyre too expensive for me at £144, especially considering all the other costs my, uhm, "car" is demanding of me at the mo!

So how did you mend yours?
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Mine had cracked the copper just where it bent at 90deg down into the main harness hole, bastard of a thing coz it worked while I was looking at it. I got a thin strip of copper ( beat the shit outa a bit of copper wire till it was very thin ) and bent it and soldered it over the original bit , and I replaced a couple of tracks by soldering in a bit of wire......something burnt out or shorted before I got it ......but I got to fix it 🙄, probly the same diddle fingers that left the oil pipe off the gauge.
I,by mixing trans's ,have cunningly found myself with no speedo drive, so I thinks I might get a "hall sensor on the drive shaft "
job......and this has morphed into a whole custom made dash......well Ive thought about it a lot. My dash assy with all the gauges is a tad fucked and everytime its removed and refitted it gets worse.

Leonie's dog shit on my lawn and ......if I only got one foot ,am I half as likely or twice as likely to step in it.? 🤔
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Mc Tool wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:47 am Mine had cracked the copper just where it bent at 90deg down into the main harness hole, bastard of a thing coz it worked while I was looking at it. I got a thin strip of copper ( beat the shit outa a bit of copper wire till it was very thin ) and bent it and soldered it over the original bit , and I replaced a couple of tracks by soldering in a bit of wire......something burnt out or shorted before I got it ......but I got to fix it 🙄, probly the same diddle fingers that left the oil pipe off the gauge.
I,by mixing trans's ,have cunningly found myself with no speedo drive, so I thinks I might get a "hall sensor on the drive shaft "
job......and this has morphed into a whole custom made dash......well Ive thought about it a lot. My dash assy with all the gauges is a tad fucked and everytime its removed and refitted it gets worse.

Leonie's dog shit on my lawn and ......if I only got one foot ,am I half as likely or twice as likely to step in it.? 🤔
If you only have one foot you can't step in anything.......................you have to hop into it. :poke:

I am assuming here that the reference to only having one foot is related to the ends of your limbs?
If however it is an imperial measurement of some other anatomical appendage then congratulations, and stop worrying. :xd:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:47 am Mine had cracked the copper just where it bent at 90deg down into the main harness hole, bastard of a thing coz it worked while I was looking at it. I got a thin strip of copper ( beat the shit outa a bit of copper wire till it was very thin ) and bent it and soldered it over the original bit , and I replaced a couple of tracks by soldering in a bit of wire......
Legend thanks!

With regards to the dog shit, couldn't you get some sort of walking aid, or a neighbour to tread in it for you? Don't be too proud to ask for help if you need it!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

You can also get self adhesive copper tape from garden centres, (apparently slugs don`t like crossing it.) Cut to shape, stick down and solder the edges.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Ages later , while in the model/hobby shop and I spies a roll of cooper conductive adhesive tape ......apparently the home made slot car track boys use this stuff ,so maybe.......😁