A nice day at last!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

A nice day at last!

Post by Peter-S »

A good deal milder today with some sunshine too so a good excuse to throw the cover off the 2.8 and give it a run up. It's not going anywhere for a while yet though especially as half the dash is out whilst I look at the tape deck!

ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: A nice day at last!

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Peter-S wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:30 pm A good deal milder today with some sunshine too
East/West divide in the weather?

ImageRiver Teifi Flood 2021 by Andrew 2.8i, on Flickr

I'm glad you managed to get some jobs done in the fine weather you're having!

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Makes a change to have some sunshine today .I have been in the garden even got the grass cut , I ran my up Monday just to blow the cobwebs off . Let’s hope we can all go out soon . Best of luck with radio ...
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Wet with 50mph winds again here :(

Looks like you have your dash cam the same place as me JM, top of passenger side windscreen and like mine it often falls off!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:11 pm
Peter-S wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:30 pm A good deal milder today with some sunshine too
East/West divide in the weather?

ImageRiver Teifi Flood 2021 by Andrew 2.8i, on Flickr

I'm glad you managed to get some jobs done in the fine weather you're having!

Andrew.
I bet those barns/stables on the left of your picture are making a great swimming pool??
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:37 pm Wet with 50mph winds again here :(

Looks like you have your dash cam the same place as me JM, top of passenger side windscreen and like mine it often falls off!
They are a good thing to have but as you say they fall down . The west has been really hit the last few years with rain & storms I blame the blokes who work for south west water :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Peter-S wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:30 pm A good deal milder today with some sunshine too so a good excuse to throw the cover off the 2.8 and give it a run up. It's not going anywhere for a while yet though especially as half the dash is out whilst I look at the tape deck!

Hi Peter,

Quick question, do you have anything between the car and the cover like some form of underlay blanket etc.

Only asking as I swear I read somewhere that the cover can damage the paintwork even though the paintwork on yours looks pretty good to me!

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Mr B wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:07 am

Hi Peter,

Quick question, do you have anything between the car and the cover like some form of underlay blanket etc.

Only asking as I swear I read somewhere that the cover can damage the paintwork even though the paintwork on yours looks pretty good to me!

Wayne
Yes I save polystyrene offcuts. The bits in front of the car were under the cover to give some air gaps
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Peter-S wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:30 pm A good deal milder today with some sunshine too so a good excuse to throw the cover off the 2.8 and give it a run up. It's not going anywhere for a while yet though especially as half the dash is out whilst I look at the tape deck!

Hi Peter,

Wayne
You can get 3/4 layer covers with a soft internal lining but they’re obviously a relatively expensive option.

The weather was awful yesterday but it’s nice today so I’m going to get the RS out. It covered all of 100 miles last year!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

mjcapri wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 am

The weather was awful yesterday but it’s nice today so I’m going to get the RS out. It covered all of 100 miles last year!
[/quote]

That makes 316 on my 2.0 Capri seem impressive after all!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Hi Peter,

Wayne
Pool noodles are real good for spacers
Screenshot_20210225-060609.png
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh