The Masked Singer

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: The Masked Singer

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:01 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 pm On another note mate, I'm missing a Mr Whippy with a flake on a weekend :roll: Well over a year now :(
All good things come to those who wait Andy... :)

:applaud:

Why am I licking the screen :? :lol:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:35 pm But this is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged :cheers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQfidTOTsLo

Superb song Andy, but then you already know that :)

I feel like I should share a few off the top of my head Mud facts -

That was the best selling song of 1974.
Mud were the best selling artist of 1974, with several other hits including the Christmas number 1.
Guitarist Rob Davis co-wrote Kylie's Can't Get You Out Of My Head.
In junior school myself and other 'band musicians' would dance to Tiger Feet in the school toilets.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

pbar wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:41 pm That was the best selling song of 1974.
Mud were the best selling artist of 1974,
Gee , it must have been a crap year for everyone else in the music industry , looks like a bunch of epileptics raided a salvation army clothes shop . 😂
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

I'll take classic Road Runner and Tom and Jerry cartoons over any of the total shate on TV these days.

PS I'll take a '68 Plymouth Road Runner as well - 426 Hemi of course!

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

+1for the road runner , nice old guy I used to work with way back in 1980 had one ( and a MGC , a Bentley 4½ and an XK140 amongst others) , big wing on the back . I thought it was the ugliest car ever .....at the time , still doesnt appeal all that much......rather have a Chevelle if it had to be a yank tank. My dream car is a Austin Healey BJ8 ,brg , wires, dcoe's ( check out the Tears for Fears vid ...everybody wants to rule the world. https://youtu.be/aGCdLKXNF3w )
I can handle the Simpsons and Archer . Trouble is that the graphics on some cartoons are totally unappealing which makes it hard to watch. Southpark ? Mmmuuuh , I tend to think its totally inappropriate ( specially for kids ) but if you flick the prude switch to off it can be fuckin funny.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:41 pm
andyd wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:35 pm But this is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged :cheers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQfidTOTsLo

Superb song Andy, but then you already know that :)

I feel like I should share a few off the top of my head Mud facts -

That was the best selling song of 1974.
Mud were the best selling artist of 1974, with several other hits including the Christmas number 1.
Guitarist Rob Davis co-wrote Kylie's Can't Get You Out Of My Head.
In junior school myself and other 'band musicians' would dance to Tiger Feet in the school toilets.
A couple of those facts seem familier :cool: I bet everyone wants you in their pub quiz team Paul :lol:

Great times when music didn't have to be anything but fun with a good riffs :guitar:

Mid 70's seem like yesterday, I was in my bedroom listening to Mud, Sweet and Quo playing air guitar and air drums with couple of sticks from the shed :lol:

Some old memories are great especially at this time :cheers:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

My last proper trip out in the Capri was to Queen and Quo. Seems like a lifetime ago now.
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:56 am My last proper trip out in the Capri was to Queen and Quo. Seems like a lifetime ago now.
Saw them both at Knebworth in 1986.

Turns out my Mrs that I met in 2006 was also there with her mates :shock: Small world sometimes.
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Mc Tool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:55 am +1for the road runner , nice old guy I used to work with way back in 1980 had one ( and a MGC , a Bentley 4½ and an XK140 amongst others) , big wing on the back . I thought it was the ugliest car ever .....at the time , still doesnt appeal all that much......rather have a Chevelle if it had to be a yank tank. My dream car is a Austin Healey BJ8 ,brg , wires, dcoe's ( check out the Tears for Fears vid ...everybody wants to rule the world. https://youtu.be/aGCdLKXNF3w )
I can handle the Simpsons and Archer . Trouble is that the graphics on some cartoons are totally unappealing which makes it hard to watch. Southpark ? Mmmuuuh , I tend to think its totally inappropriate ( specially for kids ) but if you flick the prude switch to off it can be fuckin funny.
Agreed, Chevy Chevelle SS 454 - absolute sex on wheels.

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest