Capri sat....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Capri sat....

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Saw this shared post from a group on Facebook. Guy who took these photos says it's been sat on the drive for 5 years and has never moved in all this time !!

Not your usual 'old ford' you see sitting like this...

Wonder what the story is with this ?

Image

Image
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
Location: Invercargill New Zealand

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Mc Tool » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am

Bet it doesnt have an 8 ball πŸ˜‚
Id rather have a bottle in front of me :beer: than a frontal lobotomy 🀯

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3990
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Jasonmarie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:54 am

Mc Tool wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am
Bet it doesnt have an 8 ball πŸ˜‚
Also I bet the brakes need doing :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:18 am

Mc Tool wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am
Bet it doesnt have an 8 ball πŸ˜‚


Image
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:19 am

Jasonmarie wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:54 am

Also I bet the brakes need doing :lol:
:lol: :lol:... And some........
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
Location: Invercargill New Zealand

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Mc Tool » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:23 am

Cement bags would have gone hard by now too πŸ˜†
Id rather have a bottle in front of me :beer: than a frontal lobotomy 🀯

Lord Flasheart
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Lord Flasheart » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:52 am

Started out life as a Feb 1985 2.0, Tax & MOT ran out in October 2013.

Be interesting to hear its story

andyd
Posts: 7354
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 2018 Mustang GT
Location: Devon

Re: Capri sat....

Post by andyd » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:50 am

Don't think I would want to drive it looking like that :?

I think it might be a Ticklands :whistle:

mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:23 pm
Car(s): Diamond White Mk3 Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Deep Orange Fiesta ST Performance Edition

Re: Capri sat....

Post by mjcapri » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:49 am

They’re lucky the wheels haven’t been stolen. Actually, on second thoughts.... :lol:

User avatar
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Posts: 7039
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:57 am
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Peter-S » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Seems it used to be a nice shade of green!

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewt ... &p=1163377
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 6234
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Capri sat....

Post by pbar » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Wow, that's one of the best Capri out and about spots that I've seen, great photo Nick.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13597
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Nice find!
While this car needs a bit of TLC to look it's best, at least it still survives. With so few Capris in existence, that must be a good thing.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 am

Mc Tool wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am
Bet it doesnt have an 8 ball πŸ˜‚
What...like mine Mr Hamish... :wave:



Image

Not a great photo as was dark but better one to follow. My knob feels real good in my hand..... :shock: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
Location: Invercargill New Zealand

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Mc Tool » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:19 am

😡 aargh , my eyes πŸ˜€ . We'll see , Im lookin at the size of that knob and thinkin that unless you got real big hands that knob might get uncomfortable ,and what about the handbrake ? she wont be able to get girly hands around that. If you do have big hands you might rethink a loan of Jasons brake pump, I mean its no good if it only makes it across 3 fingers.😁
Id rather have a bottle in front of me :beer: than a frontal lobotomy 🀯

andyd
Posts: 7354
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 2018 Mustang GT
Location: Devon

Re: Capri sat....

Post by andyd » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:40 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 am
Mc Tool wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am
Bet it doesnt have an 8 ball πŸ˜‚
What...like mine Mr Hamish... :wave:


:cool:

I see we have the same style floor mats Nick! God they smell, probably what I get for paying about Β£20 :lol: After a Google check on the matter I soaked then in the bath with white vinegar and fabric softener before I put them in the car but no real improvement :( Hoping when I can get out and about with the window open the smell will disappear. Might have to buy an air freshner in the meantime.

I buy rubber mats to protect the velour mats that protect the carpet :? Maybe a little OCD :)

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
Location: Invercargill New Zealand

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Mc Tool » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:00 am

Yeah but , if the rubber mats are a bit stinky they may not be all that well cured and thusly may "rub off " on the carpet , specially in hi pressure areas like under your right heel , so something between the two makes good sense πŸ˜€
Id rather have a bottle in front of me :beer: than a frontal lobotomy 🀯

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3990
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Jasonmarie » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:30 pm

andyd wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:40 am
Fordoholic Nick wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 am
Mc Tool wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 am
Bet it doesnt have an 8 ball πŸ˜‚
What...like mine Mr Hamish... :wave:


:cool:

I see we have the same style floor mats Nick! God they smell, probably what I get for paying about Β£20 :lol: After a Google check on the matter I soaked then in the bath with white vinegar and fabric softener before I put them in the car but no real improvement :( Hoping when I can get out and about with the window open the smell will disappear. Might have to buy an air freshner in the meantime.

I buy rubber mats to protect the velour mats that protect the carpet :? Maybe a little OCD :)
I did buy some cheap mats for my sons fiesta that stink , he gave up and they went in the bin :lol: :lol: :lol:

That 8 is upside down ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

andyd
Posts: 7354
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 2018 Mustang GT
Location: Devon

Re: Capri sat....

Post by andyd » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Jasonmarie wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:30 pm
andyd wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:40 am
Fordoholic Nick wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 am


What...like mine Mr Hamish... :wave:


:cool:

I see we have the same style floor mats Nick! God they smell, probably what I get for paying about Β£20 :lol: After a Google check on the matter I soaked then in the bath with white vinegar and fabric softener before I put them in the car but no real improvement :( Hoping when I can get out and about with the window open the smell will disappear. Might have to buy an air freshner in the meantime.

I buy rubber mats to protect the velour mats that protect the carpet :? Maybe a little OCD :)
I did buy some cheap mats for my sons fiesta that stink , he gave up and they went in the bin :lol: :lol: :lol:

That 8 is upside down ?
Don't buy cheap rubber :whistle:

I see Nick has kept the old knob incase he forgets where the gears are :lol:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:51 pm

andyd wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:40 pm

I see Nick has kept the old knob incase he forgets where the gears are :lol:
:wave: :applaud: :lol: :lol:

Re the rubber mates I bought mine through Facebook from a guy called Marks Mats and they are terrific quality and great value. He has all the patterns so makes them to order to fit perfectly. I also bough a carpet set from him too which I am yet to fit and they are just as well made as the CCI ones and identical in fitment. Few choices of colours and edge trim. Only thing missing is the Capri wording. Think I did a thread on them couple of Christmas ago. Will try dig it up. As said these rubber mats are terrific and I defo don't get a smell of rubber. Last time I got a strong smell of rubber I was sitting with Jason in his front lounge drinking tea after a trip to Tickover .... Never did find out where the smell was comjng from....might have been the nice suit he was wearing at the time .....

Image

I drank my tea very quickly, made my excuses and left without stopping to look back :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Bug
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm
Car(s): Some

Re: Capri sat....

Post by Bug » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:34 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:51 pm
andyd wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:40 pm

I see Nick has kept the old knob incase he forgets where the gears are :lol:
:wave: :applaud: :lol: :lol:

Re the rubber mates I bought mine through Facebook from a guy called Marks Mats and they are terrific quality and great value. He has all the patterns so makes them to order to fit perfectly. I also bough a carpet set from him too which I am yet to fit and they are just as well made as the CCI ones and identical in fitment. Few choices of colours and edge trim. Only thing missing is the Capri wording. Think I did a thread on them couple of Christmas ago. Will try dig it up. As said these rubber mats are terrific and I defo don't get a smell of rubber. Last time I got a strong smell of rubber I was sitting with Jason in his front lounge drinking tea after a trip to Tickover .... Never did find out where the smell was comjng from....might have been the nice suit he was wearing at the time .....

Image

I drank my tea very quickly, made my excuses and left without stopping to look back :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those suits are far too tight fitting though.
Get yourself a wetsuit, one size too large. Then you can fill it with swarfega and ball bearings and throw yourself against a wall!
Don't knock it until you've tried it. :lmao:

Post Reply