Toolbox additions

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Bug
Car(s): Some

Toolbox additions

Post by Bug »

I know that technically this should go in the Sales section, but I figure if it's in here then the regulars may get first sight of it................

I've been going through my garage having a lockdown tidy up and I've found several items I will never be likely to need again, so it makes sense to offer them up on here.
I have two valve spring compressors, a clutch aligning tool, a piston ring compressor, ignition tester, Pinto cam follower adjustment spanner and a compression gauge. All have been used and their condition reflects this, but I guarantee they are all perfectly serviceable.
Ideally someone will take the lot, but if you only want one or two items that's fine.
All I want from you is the cost of postage and any donation to my beer fund which you'd consider acceptable.
At the end of the day, if they go to a good home it suits me.
Attachments
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1273.JPG
Bug

Re: Toolbox additions

Post by Bug »

Clutch alignment tool now sold.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Quick question.... I had one of the follower adjustment spanners, never used it, then lost it, then realised I could do the adjusting with just a normal spanner. So why do they exist?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:21 pm Quick question.... I had one of the follower adjustment spanners, never used it, then lost it, then realised I could do the adjusting with just a normal spanner. So why do they exist?
So that you can point out their futility and prevent me ever selling this one! :banghead:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:05 pm So that you can point out their futility and prevent me ever selling this one! :banghead:
Oh no!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

With the original carb fitted, you couldn`t get a spanner on No 5 I think it was: this tool simply went around the carb. Of course, if you have DCOEs it`s no problem!
Certainly NOT futile so definitely worth buying off Martin!
Bug

Post by Bug »

Well chaps, only the clutch tool went, so everything else is back in my toolbox.
Bear them in mind if you ever need anything. ;)