I love Fords.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

I love Fords.

Post by Major_Tom »

..got mine running today with the aid of a friend whacking the starter motor whilst I cranked it. After a couple of mins, I though, gosh, sounds more tappety than I remember. So went to have a look and the oil pressure gauge fitting had decided to rupture catastrophically. Lost all the oil from the sump by the time I shut it off. Hopefully top end is ok :|

My mate temporarily blanked it off with a .177 ball bearing.

This is the 10th time something unusual has burst or broken, but thoughfully, my car almost always does it at home with the bonnet up, which I think is quite considerate of it.

I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: I love Fords.

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I tend to classify these situations as the joys of motoring ! :)
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I`ve often thought that a warning light (or buzzer) would be a good idea as a back up to the pressure gauge. By tthe fitting, do you mean the threaded adaptor into the block or the pipe itself (just so I know what to keep an eye on.)?
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Mine must have blown the pipe off behind the dash ......oil everywhere ,keeps the dust down I guess๐Ÿ˜‰
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:34 am Mine must have blown the pipe off behind the dash ......oil everywhere ,keeps the dust down I guess๐Ÿ˜‰
Something to look forward to. :cry:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

stevemarl wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:41 pm I`ve often thought that a warning light (or buzzer) would be a good idea as a back up to the pressure gauge. By tthe fitting, do you mean the threaded adaptor into the block or the pipe itself (just so I know what to keep an eye on.)?
The threaded adapter :?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Cheers!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Just been thinkin , isn't that threaded adaptor fairly close to the starter motor ....the one your friend was "whacking".....
Im thinkin stevemari , that unless you try to yank the dash out without disconnecting the tube ,or like to whack your starter (with a non specified implement ) you might not have much to worry about ๐Ÿ˜†
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 pm Just been thinkin , isn't that threaded adaptor fairly close to the starter motor ....the one your friend was "whacking".....
Im thinkin stevemari , that unless you try to yank the dash out without disconnecting the tube ,or like to whack your starter (with a non specified implement ) you might not have much to worry about ๐Ÿ˜†
...........hang on.. you might be on to something there.. :cigar: its certainly in the area of operations.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Major_Tom wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 pm
Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 pm Just been thinkin , isn't that threaded adaptor fairly close to the starter motor ....the one your friend was "whacking".....

...........hang on.. you might be on to something there.. :cigar: its certainly in the area of operations.
Oh yeah ,I know all about penis fingered mates ,I have several , they keep me in beer , Haagen strong 500ml at the mo , on about my 4th .....which is a hoot on one leg ๐Ÿ˜†