Esso Fuel - No Ethanol

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Esso Fuel - No Ethanol

Post by Mc Tool »

There are a few suppliers selling 100 octane fuel here . My Toyo specs 95 ,which is what I use, Di being a tight arse put 91 in it and it ran poorly ,loss of power , so I figures that if the diff 4 points down makes is so obvious then 5 more up cant hurt , but I couldnt pick the difference between 95 and 100 oct .
The capri loves 100+ as Im probly running a bit more compression than wise for the street ( near as damn it 10:1) ,on 95 I have to set timing back to 4° to stop it jingling away at the slightest touch of the throttle. Its like a different car on 100+ . I havnt bothered setting the timing to suit 100oct as its only recently become easily available . We could always get 100 oct av gas but its leaded (yay ) and they get shitty if you use it on the road . You could fill containers but not allowed to put it (straight 😉) in the car .Remember the good old days when cars "ran a grey pipe "?
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's interesting to hear all the different thoughts on the ethanol in petrol situation. Perhaps it's just in the mind, but my Capri always seemed to run better on Esso fuel than some other brands anyway, so I'll definitely try this ethanol free stuff.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am It's interesting to hear all the different thoughts on the ethanol in petrol situation. Perhaps it's just in the mind, but my Capri always seemed to run better on Esso fuel than some other brands anyway, so I'll definitely try this ethanol free stuff.

Andrew.
Will you still use an additive Andrew ?
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:52 pm Will you still use an additive Andrew ?
Probably not Nick, as I don't see that it's necessary with higher octane fuel. I'm sure it won't be long before somebody informs me that I'm mistaken.....

Andrew.