Capri On American TV Show

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Capri On American TV Show

Post by pbar »

It's common to see a Capri on UK TV shows, past and present, but I haven't seen too many on American shows. Spotted this the other day whilst watching an episode of CHiPS from 1979 -

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Capri On American TV Show

Post by Jasonmarie »

What a spot not seen chips for years now , I have been watching Dempsey and makepiece what is tv also my wife has been watching a few tales of the unexpected and all I do is look out for capris :lol: .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

That's a great spot! I expect it took you by surprise when that Capri flashed across the screen.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Yes it was a shock, it actually appeared twice, but that pic was the closest close up. Watching so many older/classic shows, Capri's appear a lot, but it is unusual to see one on an American show.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Years ago most models of cars looked different and sport models had obvious changes, but now you can't tell what's what and base models look pretty much like top of range cars :?
pbar

Post by pbar »

I keep seeing Capri's on this show, here is a pic I took of an episode which was on yesterday. So if you fancy seeing American Capri's on TV, then watch CHiPS!

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

They sold at least ยผ million Capris in usa so it not unexpected to see them in period tv or movies ๐Ÿ™‚
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar

Post by pbar »

It's interesting that, on the CHiPs episodes currently being aired on UK TV, Bruce Jenner (later to become Caitlin Jenner) is starring in them.

From Olympic champion decathelete, to sports commentator, to actor, to world famous socialite. His/her CV is far more colourful and interesting than mine is!

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Huh , a steady down hill decline and now a gender confused side show hanging with a pack of publicity dependant whores .....what next .......pregnant , black , run for president .......all 3 ? Yuk !
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:41 am a steady down hill decline and now a gender confused side show hanging with a pack of publicity dependant whores .....what next .......pregnant , black , run for president .......all 3 ? Yuk !
I can`t argue with any of that: the decathlete, yes, a REAL achievment, everything else is just the celebrity `thing. I`ve no doubt he/she will also have a cosmetics line, a clothing range, ghost written kids books... it`s just meaningless, it`s a joke. Put it this way Paul, if the boat was sinking I kinow who I`d throw overboard.
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:26 am the decathlete, yes, a REAL achievment

Yes for sure, to excel in ten different events and win Olympic gold, goodness me, as with our very own Daley Thompson, that is a phenomenal sport. I am surprised at just how good Bruce Jenner is as an actor, often when personalities from other fields act in an established show, they are a weak link and you can tell, very amateurish. But he just fits right in.

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , well , I never knew he was on chips , but I do recognise the pic now ......uhg๐Ÿ™‚.
Funny just how much peoples lives can change .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I'm a big fan of chips.
On a plate with a pie, usually. :)

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:18 am I'm a big fan of chips.
On a plate with a pie, usually. :)

Andrew.
:lol: :lol: :applaud:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Ooh pie and chips, count me in! Proper British meal.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

I love pies , and chips but I probly wouldn't eat them together . A pie is something I'd be most likely to stuff down my neck driving home from local village ( self contained in evidence crumb catcher bag )before I get caught . Chips come wrapped in newsprint ,wether accompanied by fish ect or not. Tear open end of parcel and ( back to stuffing them down my neck before I get home )๐Ÿ˜†. Remember to remove wrappings from car .
Funny as #uck , acc ( accident compensation commission......who pay me ) have arranged a dietician for me coz the poor silly cnuts can't figure out how ,with all the exercise, dieting and physio I'm doing .,.....I ain't loosing any weight ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
Ahhh, life is good