More tasty game..

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

More tasty game..

Post by Major_Tom »

..roadkill this time. Was recently hit, bout 8 hours ago I reckon. Closer inspection revealed him to be in good condition so bagged it.

..got all the breast off and most of both legs and thighs.. could have got more maybe but there was a bit of trauma round the sort of pelvic area where he'd been hit so its best to be careful.

Top Tip: hold on to those tail feathers! They make a great present for hippies and other loveable children.

I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: More tasty game..

Post by Mc Tool »

Major_Tom wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm a bit of trauma round the sort of pelvic area
Makes me wonder what really happened to it,๐Ÿ˜ still if the thighs and breasts were ok,that sort of thing usually benefits from hanging (or lying on the road) for a bit before cooking . Have you tried Badger?
Oooh there are 2 hares been sneaking out into the silage paddock across the road last few nights but the cunnin' little cnuts will not present me with a safe shot . They are far enough away to require centrefire ( Ruger XR100 in 204 Ruger) and safe background is pretty thin .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:44 pm
Major_Tom wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm a bit of trauma round the sort of pelvic area
Makes me wonder what really happened to it,๐Ÿ˜ still if the thighs and breasts were ok,that sort of thing usually benefits from hanging (or lying on the road) for a bit before cooking . Have you tried Badger?
Oooh there are 2 hares been sneaking out into the silage paddock across the road last few nights but the cunnin' little cnuts will not present me with a safe shot . They are far enough away to require centrefire ( Ruger XR100 in 204 Ruger) and safe background is pretty thin .
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

No not tried badger but strangely enough was talking about eating badger earlier today with Daisy (spanner salesman). What's it like?!

I hunt with an air rifle... bloody challenging. Too hard really... As you say you need something with loads more reach, but they wont let me have one. I'mc currently mastering a new slingshot, more for fun though.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

We dont even have Badgers here. I have a 177 Gamo, cant remember what model , under lever , rotory breach, and I fitted a Charlie da Tuna trigger ,polished chamber
cronos at about 1000fps with 8gn pellets ,absoloutley nails starlings ......oh and 1 cat
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Well now they've reintroduced them in parts of the UK, I quite fancy a bit of beaver. ;)
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Tom, couple of questions for you:

1. I assume slow cooking the pheasant melts away all that fat? I've had them roast many times and the smallest mouthful of that yellow fat will put you off for life. Most disgusting taste ever!

2. Looking at your first photo, are you sure it's not a 'battery' hen ? :D
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Yes and one other thing - you drinking that McEwens Champion with it? Good beer that, go well with strong meats.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Noel wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:54 am Yes and one other thing - you drinking that McEwens Champion with it? Good beer that, go well with strong meats.
I was indeed, and the remainder of the wine that went in with the bird. I like that Shepherd Neame 1698 too.. great beers those!
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 am Tom, couple of questions for you:

1. I assume slow cooking the pheasant melts away all that fat? I've had them roast many times and the smallest mouthful of that yellow fat will put you off for life. Most disgusting taste ever!

2. Looking at your first photo, are you sure it's not a 'battery' hen ? :D
Yes it melts away, but I took off as much of that as possible before sticking him!

Oh, that's AA great joke!