Gov.uk.!!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Gov.uk.!!

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

So I only went and bleedin lost my wallet on Friday. Did not realise till about 6pm. Checked everywhere. Even got Gus at Tickover to check his yard :lol: as i was there on Fri morning dropping someone in to pick up their capri.

So anyway had the dreaded task of cancelling my cards. My driving licence was in the wallet too along with my CPC card I need for driving on the buses. But was simple enough to sort most of all this . Cards all cancelled and driving licence very easy to do online. Thought the driving licence would be a bit more stressful but the online replacement website was very good. They did need a fair bit of personal security stuff though but all pretty straight forward.

BUT the cpc card issued by gov.uk (DVSA) is not so simple as you can only apply for a, replacement by telephone... NOT online and only Mon-Fri 8am-6pm. Just been holding for just over 40 mins and thought fuck it and hung up !!!

Why is it so much easier to apply for a full driving licence which is a much more important thing but it's so difficult for a poxy cpc card.!! Surely in these times they would have set up an online replacement service like most others have. Unlike the driving licence replacement which required quite a bit of personal info the cpc replacement only needs your driving licence number, date of birth, name and address and card to pay the £25. Surely as said a, simple online replacement service would not be too difficult to have up and running in these covid times rather than trying to get through to somebody on the phone working from home who might be watching Homes Under the Hammer rather than take my call :lol:

Thing is I'm sure when I do get through to them it will be very easy and quick to do... Its just the waiting over 40 mins.......

Will try again later as Monday morning prob the worst time to try.......

Rant over :lol:

First time I ever lost my wallet. Horrible feeling. Its not just the hassle and stress of all the cards etc but it's the personal bits and pieces. I had a lovely photo of B112 in there.... sorry I meant the wife :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Gov.uk.!!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Have you tried Fiona flaps at the massage parlour you could have dropped it there :lol: :lol: .

Dads popping in there Thursday to see Lady Boy Dave I ask him if it was handed in :lol: :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 pm Have you tried Fiona flaps at the massage parlour you could have dropped it there :lol: :lol: .

Dads popping in there Thursday to see Lady Boy Dave I ask him if it was handed in :lol: :beer:

Fuck me Jason...you're a great help fella :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Rang them on the dot 0800am this morning when the opened. Was waiting 25 mins then praise, the Lord I got through to someone to order a repkacenent cpc card.

So after about 2 hrs combined waiting times the actual conversation itself took about 3 mins...... :lol:

Back to my point would it not be easier to set up an online rellacement service ??

But really pleased it's all done and sorted as by law I need to have my cpc card on me at all times when driving on the buses .!! I got a reference number if I get pulled by the cops until my new card arrives. Phew.!!!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 pm Have you tried Fiona flaps at the massage parlour you could have dropped it there :lol: :lol: .

Fuck me Jason...you're a great help fella :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had another thought ? What about a Magpie has taken it ? As they like shining objects ? :lol: :lol:
Or as it’s near Halloween you may have the spirt of “ Dick Turpin “ and he has taken it ?

Talking Halloween it’s the only day my mother in law can work , so I told her she should try and get on the Dole as she can’t work . All that went down well on the phone as well . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hey Nick,

As you know I was devastated to hear this when you phoned me. As it was me who Nick dropped off to pick their Cappa up from Tickover, where it was receiving some remedial works, which although were not needed to keep the car safe, where needed for me to keep my sanity... :xd: :xd: :xd: And I can report, following this weekends 170+ mile drive out, it was a massive success, the Cappa is back to its best again, well chuffed. Cheers Nick....

Also be thankful you don't need to get a replacement Tacho Card... These are a bit of a Nightmare to get when the Country is running normally!!! Cheers Nick.... All the best to everyone else, cheers,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Government department incompetence? Surely not..... :whistle:

I hope you get it sorted soon Nick.

Andrew.