The new alert system

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

The new alert system

Post by Major_Tom »

I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: The new alert system

Post by Bug »

Well, we knew it would end in tiers.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Aye, Ah ken what ya mean laddae.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 am Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Did any see on the news those scenes of partying by Nottingham residents before they were placed into tier 3? Idiots.
In effect, in Wales, we're all temporarily placed into tier 3 although some areas have quite low levels of positive test results.
If that's what it takes to keep everybody safe then I'm happy to abide by the restrictions.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:31 am Did any see on the news those scenes of partying by Nottingham residents before they were placed into tier 3? Idiots.

Andrew.
Dickheads every single one of them. Don't expect any of them got fined for basically sticking 2 fingers up to the police.

We will never get out of this unless we all pull together :roll:

Bring the army onto the streets during the next lockdown, and £10k fines for those caught flouting rules! Hitting people in the pocket is the best deterrent.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Stood in a queue at the chippie last night. Must have been a dozen people, all well spaced (not like that Tom!) and wearing masks...................except the fat retard teenager in front of me. A few people muttered but no-one spoke. Then the guy behind the counter spoke to him "What can I get you?". Couldn't help myself, just shouted out "A mask!"
Retard went bright red and everyone else fell about laughing.
But honestly, what a dickhead.

OK, so now waiting for some conscientious objector to point out he may have had a valid reason, well tbh, I couldn't give a flying f**k! Reason or not, don't stand around breathing into my air!

Here endeth the rant. ;)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Bug wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:42 pm Stood in a queue at the chippie last night. Must have been a dozen people, all well spaced (not like that Tom!) and wearing masks...................except the fat retard teenager in front of me. A few people muttered but no-one spoke. Then the guy behind the counter spoke to him "What can I get you?". Couldn't help myself, just shouted out "A mask!"
Retard went bright red and everyone else fell about laughing.
But honestly, what a dickhead.

OK, so now waiting for some conscientious objector to point out he may have had a valid reason, well tbh, I couldn't give a flying f**k! Reason or not, don't stand around breathing into my air!

Here endeth the rant. ;)
Good man, I would have said the same! Pity they served him :?

Fed up with people defending :wank: that who can't think for themselves. If these knuckle draggers are the future then good luck :headscratch:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:52 pm Bring the army onto the streets during the next lockdown, and £10k fines for those caught flouting rules! Hitting people in the pocket is the best deterrent.
It looks like the latest government announcement has been deferred for a bit. One of Boris' advisers might have just read Andy's suggestions on this forum and they are discussing the proposals as we speak. Here's hoping ! :D

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bug wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:42 pm OK, so now waiting for some conscientious objector to point out he may have had a valid reason, well tbh, I couldn't give a flying f**k! Reason or not, don't stand around breathing into my air
Like most legislation these days, there seems to be too many exemptions and grey areas. I wonder how many genuine valid reasons there actually are for not wearing a mask? Even asthma sufferers should be able to safely wear one of those perspex screen shields to help protect others. To help protect the public, anyone who is not able to wear a mask should not be allowed into public indoor areas. That way, it would be much easier to enforce the rules.
I think everyone should be made to carry one of those giant cottonbuds they used to have on Gladiators, they could then biff people away who come within two meters of them!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:32 pm
andyd wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:52 pm Bring the army onto the streets during the next lockdown, and £10k fines for those caught flouting rules! Hitting people in the pocket is the best deterrent.
It looks like the latest government announcement has been deferred for a bit. One of Boris' advisers might have just read Andy's suggestions on this forum and they are discussing the proposals as we speak. Here's hoping ! :D

Andrew.
PM Boris dropped me a PM thanking me for what he thought was a great idea, but said he didn't have the balls to inforce it :shock:

Oh well 4 more weeks in lockdown, it was obvious a couple of months ago that this was coming :doh:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Should I start my grass project up again ? :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 pm Oh well 4 more weeks in lockdown, it was obvious a couple of months ago that this was coming :doh:
Yes, it was definitely on the cards. Which makes you wonder why all the leaders didn't get together so the lockdowns were synchronised with each other. The different rules all over the place just add to the confusion amongst the public. Imagine what it must be like if you lived on the border of England and Wales.....

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:08 am
andyd wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 pm Oh well 4 more weeks in lockdown, it was obvious a couple of months ago that this was coming :doh:
Yes, it was definitely on the cards. Which makes you wonder why all the leaders didn't get together so the lockdowns were synchronised with each other. The different rules all over the place just add to the confusion amongst the public. Imagine what it must be like if you lived on the border of England and Wales.....

Andrew.
A national lockdown does make it simpler, but people in tier areas should know their restrictions, too many use confusion as an excuse not to comply.

This lockdown is less restrictive than the last one, so will be interesting to see how long it does last. Dec 2nd is the deciding date to maybe increase again if the R number isn't low enough.

Only the public can change this virus so we all have to do our bit. If needs be I'm happy to comply until spring time 2021, so long as we can get back to a more normal year after that. Hoping to catch up with car shows/meets but atm it doesn't look likely :roll:

Just found this on Facebook from Cool Dash who many of us have purchaed covers from;

👉🏼L a s t o r d e r s, p l e a s e r e a d 👈🏼
There's been much contemplation over recent months to when we'll be calling it a day making the covers.
As much fun as its been of what was a random idea over a cup of coffee in the garden, we decided just over a week ago that we would continue to make them in the run up to Christmas and finish orders by the 30th of November.
With the new lockdown, things have now changed. We regret to inform you that we will only be doing covers in plain (no embroidery) till the date we stop being '30th November'
We're very sorry it's got to this point, but with taking new directions, something had to give 'we tried to give up washing up, doing the laundry, hoovering the carpet but it wasn't enough.
Thanks to everyone for their support and all of you continue to cherish your beauties.
Plain covers will be sold for £10 less than our embroidery covers to please get in touch to get yours
Kind regards
Col & Tom
It would be appreciated if for one last time, you could give this a share to let your group know 🙂
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

What a shame colin has closed his business, but many places and skills has gone bust or closed .
All down to some bloke in China

I still don’t understand why schools are staying open as the virus went mad once the kids went back . I wonder how long before they are closed ?

Keep safe folks
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:01 pm

I still don’t understand why schools are staying open as the virus went mad once the kids went back . I wonder how long before they are closed ?

I reckon they will close schools etc early December if R number not dropped low enough, as it's close to Xmas break then anyway.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:32 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:01 pm

I reckon they will close schools etc early December if R number not dropped low enough, as it's close to Xmas break then anyway.
Yes I agree with you Andy my eldest works in a school and they have had two members of staff go down with it but only the year groups get sent home . From the start we should have done what New Zealand did and lock the country down .
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Yes , seems so simple . The virus is spread by contact and saliva ect and has a short life span away from a host body and peeps remain contagious for 3 ish weeks so a 4 week lock down should beat it........if everyone plays the game , but no ,we have arseholes fleeing from hot areas to safe places and 1/2 of them will already have been exposed. If I had my way the only peeps getting into nz would have to be citizens with family here and would have to stay for 6 months min after 4 weeks isolation. All the new cases here are either in known clusters (hospitals and old folks homes ) or comming from overseas.
India is rampant with covid but I see some of our latest new cases are people comming from India ......I mean what the fuck ! ( Not picking on the Indian people ,just using them as an example , please no offence :) )
Testing is another issue , we have peeps arriving from overseas ,having tested negative , stay in isolation for weeks , give another or many negative tests and are set free only to test positive days later .....after visiting every public gathering in the country :doh:
In a nutshell ,stupid selfish people are the only thing stopping us wrapping this virus up and binning it for good
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mc Tool wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:22 pm
In a nutshell ,stupid selfish people are the only thing stopping us wrapping this virus up and binning it for good
Oh yes, there are plenty of those around!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I think that the most of it is spread by the younger people who frankly feel "entitled" and don't give a flying fuck about anyone else other than themselves and their own entertainment. By this I mean all of them crowded into pubs, bars and cafes and more sinister these illegal raves going on all night. Just look at that shower of shit in Bristol over the weekend - the police should have gone in heavy- handed and fined the lot of them.

Anyone arriving in Australia has to quarantine for two weeks. Upon arrival they are taken to a hotel of the government's choice and have to stay there at their own expense for two weeks before being allowed out into the country at large. The hotel bills can be as much as AUD $3000 (about £1800) per person. The UK authorites should do similar.

I also think they should close the airports completely for the period of the lockdown. Looking at Flightradar 24 it is quite alarming to see the number of flights still coming in from high covid countries such as most of Europe, USA, China, Africa and of course the Indian subcontinent. Are you going to tell me that all these people can be trusted to self - isolate for 2 weeks? If you believe that then you would believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden!

Test and trace. Surely with all the clever people there are in this country there is someone (not being paid £6K per day) who could oversee this being run properly and efficiently. Half of the testing centres are empty. WTF is going on? The current lot couldn't organise a bunk up in a brothel. Get the army in if necessary.

I don't fully blame Boris for all this. He came into office with all the Brexit stuff going on then the Covid sprang up. He was ill himself and I think he has been badly advised as there seem to be so many differing opinions on what to do.

Ho Hum. Rant over.