Coal powered Capri on Blue Peter

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Coal powered Capri on Blue Peter

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:17 pm
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:21 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 am
Thankyou Mr Data.
:lol: :lol:

Data are characteristics or information, usually numerical, that are collected through observation. In a more technical sense, data are a set of values of qualitative or quantitative variables about one or more persons or objects, while a datum (singular of data) is a single value of a single variable.
Game over" is a message in video games which signals to the player that the game has ended. It is usually received negatively in a situation where continued play is disallowed, such as losing all of one's lives or failing a critical objective. However, it sometimes also appears after the successful completion of a game. The phrase has since been turned into quasi-slang, usually describing an event that will cause significant harm, injury, bad luck, or even death to a person.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Doctor Crusher, his condition is worsening!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:19 pm Doctor Crusher,

A crusher is a machine designed to reduce large rocks into smaller rocks, gravel, sand or rock dust.

Crushers may be used to reduce the size, or change the form, of waste materials so they can be more easily disposed of or recycled, or to reduce the size of a solid mix of raw materials (as in rock ore), so that pieces of different composition can be differentiated. Crushing is the process of transferring a force amplified by mechanical advantage through a material made of molecules that bond together more strongly, and resist deformation more, than those in the material being crushed do. Crushing devices hold material between two parallel or tangent solid surfaces, and apply sufficient force to bring the surfaces together to generate enough energy within the material being crushed so that its molecules separate from (fracturing), or change alignment in relation to (deformation), each other. The earliest crushers were hand-held stones, where the weight of the stone provided a boost to muscle power, used against a stone anvil. Querns and mortars are types of these crushing devices.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Actually, this condition could be very useful.

Semicolon.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 pm
Semicolon.

The semicolon or semi-colon; is a symbol commonly used as orthographic punctuation. In the English language, a semicolon can be used between two closely related independent clauses, provided they are not already joined by a coordinating conjunction.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

One for you Hamish :)

Tool is an American rock band from Los Angeles. Formed in 1990, the group's line-up includes drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones, and vocalist Maynard James Keenan. Justin Chancellor has been the band's bassist since 1995, replacing their original bassist Paul D'Amour.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:31 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 pm
Semicolon.

The semicolon or semi-colon; is a symbol commonly used as orthographic punctuation. In the English language, a semicolon can be used between two closely related independent clauses, provided they are not already joined by a coordinating conjunction.
👍 genuinely useful! Thankyou oracle.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:18 pm
👍 genuinely useful! Thankyou oracle.
An oracle is a person or agency considered to provide wise and insightful counsel or prophetic predictions, most notably including precognition of the future, inspired by deities. As such, it is a form of divination.